Sign in to follow this  
brissyboy

Mesh Scenery

Hello all,

I hope you all are staying safe during these hard and frustrating times.

Ok.......I downloaded hd global scenery mesh the other day, followed all relevant protocols according to the installation sheet but ran into a problem

For UHD Mesh Scenery to works well with other Scenery Packages, it’s best to put it at the bottom of scenery_packs.ini but above HD Mesh Scenery v4 (if you have installed that too). Simply use any text editor to rearrange it? don’t understand this part

To change scenery order, open up the file Custom Scenery/scenery_packs.ini in your X-Plane folder using a program such as notepad, and simply swap the lines around.

I have never used a text editor so your help will be gratefully appreciated

Trying to learn this I have W10 so had notepad, opened the scenery pack ini folder, and "opened with" notepad and copied accross

All went well, then I saved as it asked me to replace the existing file I clicked yes!

Now my previous ini file has become a notepad file not an ani file any further

Reading forums (as 1 does) I deleted the scenery pack notepad folder, plus my downloaded scenery files and restarted xp11.

The scenery pack returned but has remained as a notepad folder not an ini folder

My x-organizer is saying installation was wrong, and file is corrupted

I have no idea of what to do now except delete my whole xplane and reinstall it

I fully understand that any mesh scenery goes at the bottom, and should start with "zzz" but I am pulling my hair out trying to solve this issue

Hoping someone out there can understand what I'm trying to accomplish and can assist

Iam running a i7-9700k  with a 2070S GPU so there is not trouble using this mesh as my system will cope

Thank you all

3 hours ago, brissyboy said:

I have no idea of what to do now except delete my whole xplane and reinstall it

I fully understand that any mesh scenery goes at the bottom, and should start with "zzz" but I am pulling my hair out trying to solve this issue

*Don't* reinstall x-plane.

Just delete the scenery_packs.ini file, x-plane will rebuild it when you next run it.

It will put all the sceneries in the "Custom Scenery" folder in alphabetical order, so the HD Mesh (starting with zz_) will be at the bottom.  That'll probably be OK without any further editing, at least if you don't have too many other custom sceneries.

Edited by lzamm

Hi

Thanks, this is what I have done and xorganizer is telling me that there is no installation.

1. Downloaded  Global Scenary4

2. Followed the installation protocols, buy creating a folder called zzz,hd_global_scenary4/

3. Created a subfolder within the main folder called "earth nav data"

4.unzipped all the files (172) into the subfolder

5. Opened my notepad and copied all the original inio the subfolder.

6. Re named this folder, Custon_scenary_packs,ini

7.Re started XP11

8.Checked the new notepad  text ini file, and the zzz_hd_global_scenery line was at the bottom of this new ini folder

9. Opened xorganizer and it said the installation was not correct 

I have no idea what I did wrong maybe its zz and not zzz?

I fully understand the hierarchy of the scenery folder

If I knew how to copy my files and show you I would

Thanks