Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

P3DV4.5 Slew?

Something has changed in my P3Dv4.5 setup.  When I want to slew (Y keyboard) fine tune my position at a gate or anywhere else - a relatively small move - as soon as I hit the key the aircraft goes wild.  Moves very fast and won't stop until I repress the key.  This is for all aircraft, for all positions.  I have set the slew sensitivity in P3D.  I do have the registered version of FSUIPC installed.  Thoughts?  Thank you. 

29 minutes ago, Chuck Dreier said:

Thoughts? 

Check your controller assignments in the sim, see if you have one or more joystick axis assigned to the slew events. This happens by default, and it usually has the effect that you describe (because one or more levers aren't centered).

Edit: I am using an external app for controller assignment too, but I didn't want to lose the option to assign them in the sim as well. So I made a profile devoid of axis assignments and exported it. Whenever P3D decides to revert back to default, I just import my "empty" profile again.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Thoughts? 

I had the same issue (uncontrolled slew) until fixing it yesterday. In my case I'd recently installed the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus stick, which appears to P3D v5HF2 as one of two controllers, the other being my existing MFG Crosswind pedals. P3D had assigned the X, Y, Rz axis to both -- so the solution was to delete those settings in the controller axis - "Slew" Flight Mode - Crosswind controller page, leaving these as-is in the Thrustmaster page. Slew now works correctly.

Maury Pratt

Thanks Oliver and Maury.  I have the CH YOKE and LOGITECH EXTREME 3D PRO STICK.  I disabled the axis on the stick and all is well.