Sign in to follow this  
vinsounet

Request to change the runway, Arrival and/or approach

Hello,
It seems to me that during a previous update, an option in the speech assistant window was added to ask to change the runway, approach and / or arrival.
I just made a flight to Nantres (LFRS) where P2ATC gave me an NDB approach for runway 03. I wanted to ask ATC for a change of approach (RNav instead of NDB).
I never had the opportunity in the speech assistant window to make my change request.
Is this normal? In order to be able to request a change, do you first have to modify the flight plan?
Could you help me and remind me of the procedure to request a change of arrival or runway or approach?
Thank you.

Regards.

Vincent

Vincent,

The missing request in SayIt is a bug and will be fixed in the next update.

You can request it verbally in the current version with something like: "<CallSign> request arrival runway 32 left."

If you've already been given the expected approach, you might better just ask for a different approach to the desired runway like: "<CallSign> request vectors to the ILS for runway 32 Left"

Dave

• Upvote 1

Hello Dave,
Thank you for your answer. I am very happy that the subject is covered for the next update.
Thank you for your work.

Regards.

Vincent

I had this happen just yesterday, flightplan was completed but winds changed during the last part of the STAR.  I used the expanded text sayit dialog to ask for 'visual app straight into 01', but I only got the reply for (and vectors for) the reciprocal runway.  So I paused and then rebuilt the flight plan.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hello,
the option for changing the SID and / or STAR and / or approach procedure has been added in the last update, thank you.
But I saw a problem, it is that for the options to change the approach there are sentences for the departures.
Maybe the problem has already been reported?

Thank you.

Regards.

Vincent

Ok Dave, I'll try to be more understandable

Before to the last update, it was not possible to request a runway, departure, arrival or approach change.
Since the last update, it is possible to request changes.    => It's OK But:

If I want to change the runway, approach or arrival, the choices offered by Speech assistant are departures and not arrival choices.
In Speech Assistant I have:

Request => Arrival runway request
<CallSign> request departure runway <runway>

Is my question more understandable?

Vincent

Another way I found to correct this was to say:

[CALLSIGN] at flight level [xxx] request [ILS/RNAV etc.] approach to runway [xxx]

Found this better to get the correct STAR to the requested approach.