Sign in to follow this  
eslader

interesting message about pre-purchase. Problem?

Here's what my Windows store shows:

tlQD8tY.jpg

If you hover over the exclamation points next to the two upgrades, it says "Flight Simulator Deluxe // Premium Deluxe Upgrade does not work on this device."

Is that just because it's an unlock key or something?

I have a 100% updated brand new installation of Windows 10 (64) thanks to an upgrade I did the other day somehow managing to destroy the boot partition and require a re-install. 

That's because those are the upgrade version to jump from standard to another. You already own the Premium version, so it's obvious that the upgrade doesn't work on your device 🙂

• Like 2

imyj2f-5.png

2 hours ago, eslader said:

It's like that for everybody. It's like that for me too and I've bought the Premium Deluxe also. I guess it will be like that until they release our early-access and we can download it.

Edited by ca_metal

Hi Guys do you know if the purchase would be tied to your pc used to purchase it or can I pre-purchase on my laptop and download it when my new pc is done ?

Rich Sennett

I think you will find it`s linked to your Microsoft account and not the PC. 

Not the same as windows which is linked to your PC, and your Microsoft account can be used on any compatible devise PC or XBOX to play ( reaches for tin hat ), as Phil intended games store.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

I think you will find it`s linked to your Microsoft account and not the PC. 

Not the same as windows which is linked to your PC, and your Microsoft account can be used on any compatible devise PC or XBOX to play ( reaches for tin hat ), as Phil intended games store.

Thank you much - I find Microsoft account so much easier than in the past - load up your OS sign in and bam your OS is registered beautiful thing

Rich Sennett

14 hours ago, andrecarli737 said:

That's because those are the upgrade version to jump from standard to another. You already own the Premium version, so it's obvious that the upgrade doesn't work on your device 🙂

I thought it was probably something like that, but worried that I was wrong because some games apply each upgrade in sequence and all of the lower ones must be installed for the highest tier one to work.

Much appreciated!

Hi All,

I'm seeing the same as the OP. I paid for the deluxe addition but get the does not work on this device message. I don't have the 787 so looks like the standard version is only installed.

Any fixes know?

thx