Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Dim ORBX runway lights

I posted this issue in the ORBX forums on July 8th and still no reply from an ORBX admin so I guess I’ll seek help here. At night, my ORBX airports have very dim runways which makes it difficult to land. I can’t actually see the runway edge lights until I’m on a 1 mile final which I know for a fact isn’t realistic at all because at my job I’m always jumpseating and normally on a clear night we can see the runway 8-10 miles out sometimes further. The actual light fixtures at ORBX airports are realistic just very dim. Is there any way I can make them brighter? I know about the light tool that comes with ORBX global but that’s for street lights etc. I just need to find a way to brighten the runway lights. I did some research and it seems others have had the same issues in the past but I haven’t actually found a solution all of my findings come up cold. I also have airports from SXAD, 29Palms, and LatinVFR and no issues I can see the runway perfectly at night from miles away. I also have my LOD radius set to the max just to make sure it’s not a detail radius issue. Any help would be appreciated! 

9 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Unfortunately that only changes the default airports. ORBX airports work differently 

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Does the light configurator work in v5?

mike

Every time I try to make the lights smaller it appears to save but I see no effect. Anybody else?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next