Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

More leak videos

3 minutes ago, DaWu said:

I am an alpha tester for Star Citizen and unlike with MS I actually had to sign a real NDA and provide a scan of my passport. And there are 3000 of us now who did so. 

thats great, transparency. 

1 minute ago, LHookins said:

The Orinoco is much more interesting.

But what about the Tobermory, the (Uncle) Bulgaria, the Madame Cholet, The Wellington, the Bungo and the Alderney?

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Leaks are everywhere on Youtube. There is now a group dedicated to reupload the leaked videos no matter how many times MS/Asobo will take the videos down.

MS/Asobo's effort to take the leak videos down is being largely useless considering the amount of videos that are appearing every day, including new ones in addition to those that are reuploaded.

It appears that the leakers found on a Chinese website several leaked videos of the sim, apparently posted by the same person who was careful to blur his id to not get caught.

Edited by edu2703

2 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

But what about...

Somehow I missed all that. 🙂 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

The flight dynamics looked a little bit ropey to me ...

I guess it remains to be seen just how much that sort of thing occurs with the sim as a whole, and on the plus side it does look very good, but as I say, that swinging about behaviour whilst in cruise looked a bit dodgy to me and I had hoped we'd got past that.

Agreed. The yaw axis movement looked disconcerting. As for the roll, if the real aircraft was behaving like that, I think there would be a mass restocking of sick bags.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

9 minutes ago, mp15 said:

Nobody or just a few will commit to pay $25k in order to be an alpha tester, if a leak happens without the knowledge of the alpha tester, it is a lot of money involved and better not to be involved at all.

And how will it be leaked?

6 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Agreed. The yaw axis movement looked disconcerting. As for the roll, if the real aircraft was behaving like that, I think there would be a mass restocking of sick bags.

Could be the lack of a yaw damper I suppose kicking in a bit of dutch roll, after all, the yaw damper could have been switched off, assuming that is simulated on that default A320. Guess we'll find out.

And we are I suppose yet to see what the people who are really good at tweaking flight models might be able to achieve with the SDK, so I'm not about to start saying it's not good based on a video on which we still have limited knowledge of in terms of settings and flight model parameters. After all, when TPDs such A2A get hold of things, they can achieve simulation behaviour which the default aeroplanes in FSX and P3D do not exhibit.

What I would really like to see on a video, is the stall/spin behaviour and how good/bad that is. If the new sim can do a believable spin, then things will bode well for flight models.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Changing the time of day on the fly is truly amazing. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

10 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Yes, I was about to say you could do that in FSX, but of course you have to go into the external menu to set it and then wait for the sim to load it. All these things you can change with the minimum loss of immersion are a true plus over what we've had before.

Edited by 109Sqn
"without" replaced by "with"

In fairness, you can do that on the fly time tweaking in P3D V5, and it does load up for real in the sim quick if you okay it.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

We have to remember, that footage of the A320 is decently old, months. The flight dynamics I'm sure are a bit better by now. And I'm pretty sure the aircraft was being controlled by the autopilot, and in the early stages of the A320 (which was around when the leak was posted initially) the autopilot was not the best. i remember it behaving strangely in the IFR video. And we also have to remember, those movements may just be the aircraft's movement in the air current (turbulence/ unstable air). There is definitely some, what seems like, over correction on either the pilot or autopilot's parts. Again, this was months ago, and we still have a month to go before release. A lot can happen in a month.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And that view from behind is horrible at best. Tells me nothing. 
Which is why leaked videos mean nothing except to the teen screenshot discord crowd. 

• Like 1

Thats recycled leak from months ago. Just wait, its not perfect of course but holy cr*p is it a new era for the ----> hobby <----

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heli said:

Has there been a leaked video showing large desolate AI areas, such as the Amazon jungle or the Sahara desert?  I am curious how well the AI renders these types of areas and if it looks random vs cookie cutter landclass from FSX.  Im hoping it accurately captures things such as the small towns along the Nile river, and the mountains/valleys and many rivers for these areas. 

It renders them fine. Africa is actually flyable. If there's a house on the ortho, it's modeled.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, reignman40 said:

It must be the first simulator that can do this! Amazing technological achievement! 🤣

Edited by Janov
  • Like 3