Sign in to follow this  
Tom3123

ATC In P3DV5

Hi,

Looking for some input from you all on ATC programs, now I am not looking to start a who is best war, so let me say what I am looking for the program to do and maybe something exists like this, that can be recommended.

So, I honestly am not looking to have my  own flights controller by ATC every time I fly, I fly mostly GA in and out of smaller airport, but what i want is a program that will do a better job of controlling AI AC in the air.  I am running the great aircraft from AIG and enjoy the full sky and airports as well as a handful of GA aircraft zipping in and out of a few fields near my home base, But the way the default ATC handles traffic is really not that good, IMO.  So what I am looking for is an ATC program that will handle the AI in a far better fashion then the default program, and allow me to be controlled maybe just on arrival at a field if needed / desire,  On that topic, I am not into talking to my computer, I understand that pushing a key is not very realistic, but my wife already thinks I am nuts for flying the computer and if I started to talk she more then likely would have me taken away.  I used to have  Radar Contact that i am pretty sure used number keys like the default ATC program, but from what i remember i had to be under ATC control the entire flight and could not jump into an approach mid flight.

I hope this makes sense, and i am fully aware that it may not be possible with current SW on the market.

Thanks much for your time in answering this.

Regards,

Tom

Pro-atc works very well in prepar3d V5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you, but is Pro-ATC more geared toward commercial AC flights as i stated i fly mostly GA?

Your best options are Pilot2ATC and VOXATC. Pilot2ATC works for both the MS branch (FSX, P3d) and XP. VOXATC works in FSX and all P3d versions including P3d5. Both are in active development. Up until recently, I would have give Pilot2ATC an edge for its outstanding technical support. But since the VOXATC version for P3d5 has been released, I would suggest that technical support is not a concern with VOXATC. Pilot2ATC and VOXATC both rely on the Navigraph navigation database, which is updated with each AIRAC. Both will work in P3d5 with fsaerodata, which updates the sim's entire navigation database. Pilot2ATC has a much more detailed and intuitive user interface, while the VOXATC UI is very simple. Both add-ons use the built-in Windows 10 Text to Speech voices and Speech Recognition and you need a good microphone. The key difference is that VOXATC also controls and communicates with its AI aircraft.