Hi All

I am having to upgrade my graphics card to run the new sim

Any recommendations.

i have done a spec check on my PC,  The only 2 things that came up was not having windows 10 which i have now installed and the old graphics card.

I am looking at GeForce GTX 1650 4GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition Graphics Card for £130, Not sure if i am spending to much money on such a powerful card or could i get away with something cheaper .

Thank you for any help

Try to get as much VRAM on the card as you can afford at Seattle test they were using 2080ti`s, and when they update it some time in the future to DX12 VRAM will be important.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

In any case wait for the Nvidia Amperè generation appearing in autumn. 50% more performance for the same price comparing 20xx cards to 30xx cards.

Karl

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

The price is good for that card, but it is not exactly powerful, being at the price and performance floor of current-generation GPUs. It is somewhat close, but does not meet the recommended requirement for the simulator.

If you can, try to go for the GTX 1650 Super which is only a bit costlier but comes with a substantial performance improvement, and exceeds the recommended requirement. But you really shouldn't go cheaper than that.

4 minutes ago, kaha said:

In any case wait for the Nvidia Amperè generation appearing in autumn. 50% more performance for the same price comparing 20xx cards to 30xx cards.

High-end comes first, mid-range and entry-level can take several months to arrive. But I'm assuming he doesn't want to wait more, and that his budget isn't any higher.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty

My PC now is:

AMD 3700X + GTX 1080ti + 32 Gb RAM + 500 mbps Internet connection 

Should be enough to have high detail ingame ?

Will see when the 30XX graphics cards come out if i go for a 2080ti ...

7 minutes ago, McKafre said:

Should be enough to have high detail ingame ?

It meets the ideal requirements. I don't know if you can play with the highest details, but you should be fine. Anyway, don't go for an RTX 2080 Ti, as prices are expected to rise due to production being stopped. Just go for a new GPU when they are out.

• Like 1

I think the 3080 won't be available easily until november at least. The initial stocks will be limited and probably expensive. I believe Youtubers will get it in September, first stocks late September but they will be gone quickly.

And there is no point for waiting for the 3080/3080ti if you're not playing 4K or 2K, the 2060S is the best deal for 1080p@60fps. The 3060 won't be out until next summer

regards my budget, i was looking at around the £140 price. I will be buying the premium sim for £110 

Personally I'd wait for the new AMD CPU's and AMD/Nvidia GPUs. I wasn't expecting the sim to release this quickly so the wait is going to be harder as I was planning my new build around Christmas time. Also please bear in mind that all the new 3XXX card performance are pure speculation at this point. Nothing has been confirmed.

• Like 2

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

1 hour ago, kaha said:

Karl

I'm building a new PC and am waiting for Ampere/Big Navi and the next gen of AMD/Intel CPU's.  It looks like this may be September - December.  Until then, I'll limp along with my 1070.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

23 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

Personally I'd wait for the new AMD CPU's and AMD/Nvidia GPUs. I wasn't expecting the sim to release this quickly so the wait is going to be harder as I was planning my new build around Christmas time. Also please bear in mind that all the new 3XXX card performance are pure speculation at this point. Nothing has been confirmed.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.  The earlier release of the sim makes it harder to wait.  But, I still want to try to wait for the new CPU's and GPU's from AMD and Intel.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, malct said:

regards my budget, i was looking at around the £140 price. I will be buying the premium sim for £110 

At that price point I think you should try to stretch to the 1650 super if you can. The 1650 super shows significant gains over the original 1650 in game benchmarks - typically around the 25% mark.

The original 1650 would be roughly equivalent to the 970 - game benchmarks have it a bit below the 970 on average. The 1650 super would usually come out a bit ahead of the 970 so you should fall ok in the recommended system specs category depending on what else you're running.

2 hours ago, malct said:

Hi All

I am having to upgrade my graphics card to run the new sim

Any recommendations.

i have done a spec check on my PC,  The only 2 things that came up was not having windows 10 which i have now installed and the old graphics card.

I am looking at GeForce GTX 1650 4GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition Graphics Card for £130, Not sure if i am spending to much money on such a powerful card or could i get away with something cheaper .

Thank you for any help

Unfortunatelly, GTX 1650 4GB is really not so powerfull, as you're thinkik. It's a lower mid-range GPU, so you haven't to expect playing with high details. And what's your CPU?

🙄

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

another GTX 1070 owner, what an amazing GPU that has been.

Will hopefully be buying the 3080/3080ti or even 3090 (if that is even a thing) - for now though my trusty 1070 will once again step up I'm sure 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir