From a guy over at the org, using a 2080ti ( I myself also use one)

Now for MSFS (all what I am saying here is public, as I still have an NDA for other areas) , they have done a great job in integrating Bing maps, is Ortho but with a twist, they use a partner that works around what is a tree, what is a highway and adds a layer of 3D. You need disk space but you can have a rolling cache. Weather is fantastic and very realistic, wind, clouds effect and your radar can pin point every single cloud with its humidity to the pixel. Performance is great as well, I can easily run the simulator with every option too the right and is smooth (similar to P3D V5) with my RTX 2080 TI.

You don't need an RTX 2080 TI to be smooth.

GTX1070 / GTX 1080 / GTX 1080TI / RTX 2060 / RTX 2080 or SUPER  etc...It also depends on your CPU and the resolution of your monitor and it also depends on the money you can use in for that passion.

The best is to test with what you have (August 18) and make the right decisions afterwards without forgetting also the importance of your internet speed.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I am running the GeForce 750 ti graphics card which is no use for the new sim, so i need to be buying a new card now, unless i look for a decent 2nd hand card to get me buy and wait for the new cards coming out 

Those 1070s are a expensive bit of kit , even 2nd hand, Noted some are 8GB

I need to look more into these cards, I thought the higher the model number, the better it would be, but its not, So the 1650 is nothing compared to the 1070.

I have a month, so no need to buy anything until i am sure i am buying the best one for my budget  

2 hours ago, ckyliu said:

🙄

Sorry , I didn't realise, Looking at the link to the thread that you sent, Its closed so unable to post 

Edited by malct

The video card will depend on resolution in use. For 4k suggest the GTX1080Ti or 2080Ti, 2k the AMD 5700XT or 1070Ti/2070Ti and HD AMD5600XT or 1060Ti/2060Ti

Still wondering if my GTX1070 will work at 4k with a new AMD 3900x processor plus a new B550 motherboard and 3600 speed 32Gb ddr4 ram?

Darryl

4 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I'm building a new PC and am waiting for Ampere/Big Navi and the next gen of AMD/Intel CPU's.  It looks like this may be September - December.  Until then, I'll limp along with my 1070.

I could have written that word for word. I will wait for a 3080 as I want the VRAM and the performance even if I am on 1080. 10900@around 5 32RAM 3080. Will pull the trigger when the 3080 is available.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Also it would be interesting to know how the sim utilizes a multicore CPU. 

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

6 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Try to get as much VRAM on the card as you can afford at Seattle test they were using 2080ti`s, and when they update it some time in the future to DX12 VRAM will be important.

I doubt this game will be as crappy as P3Dv5 is. 

I have a RTX 2080 Ti and get VRAM issues with that pathetic excuse of a computer program.

needless to say OP I’d recommend a 2060 or a 2080 Super 8GB card will be fine.

24 minutes ago, kaha said:

Also it would be interesting to know how the sim utilizes a multicore CPU. 

Karl

Knowing that would help m to know whether to stick with Intel or make the switch to AMD.  Right now, I'm leaning toward AMD as Intel has been falling behind from what I can see.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Still gonna stick w my 8gb 2080 Super for now.

The prices of the 11gb+ and 3080 cards are ridiculous right now!

Chris Camp

1 minute ago, ricka47 said:

Knowing that would help m to know whether to stick with Intel or make the switch to AMD.  Right now, I'm leaning toward AMD as Intel has been falling behind from what I can see.

If it's anything like FSX it will hammer the first core hard!

Intel chips would be a clear winner in this case!

Chris Camp

9 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Still gonna stick w my 8gb 2080 Super for now.

The prices of the 11gb+ and 3080 cards are ridiculous right now!

How much is a 3080?

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

As a general rule with Nvidia cards, do not go lower than a "60" suffix if you want a reasonable amount of power.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I'm building a new PC and am waiting for Ampere/Big Navi and the next gen of AMD/Intel CPU's.  It looks like this may be September - December.  Until then, I'll limp along with my 1070.

You are lucky, my new PC will be limping along with my GTX970 until Ampere comes out!