Sign in to follow this  
bgoldsmi

RXP GNS 530/430 RealSimGear connectivity issue (resolved)

When my 530 and 430 are running simultaneously, all buttons and knobs on the 430 and 530 only control the 530 (i.e. the 430 does not accept any commands become activated). Both are on different COM ports and both work independently when only one or the other is physically connected. When both connected, the port connection screen shown only 1 device connected but shows control activity when using controls on either device. I am running Win 10 and P3D V4. Has anyone experienced and fixed this? I'd appreciate your help!

4 hours ago, bgoldsmi said:

When both connected, the port connection screen shown only 1 device connected but shows control activity when using controls on either device.

Hi,

Can you please clarify what you mean with "both connected"?!?

In all cases, using 2 devices (whether dual GNS, dual GTN, or GNS+GTN mix) requires using a _1 and a _2 unit exclusively. Please make sure to review whether you've not configured the aircraft with twice a #1 unit (GNS 430 #1 and GNS 530 #1)

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Great question! GNS 530 as Nav/Com1 (Com Port 5) and GNS430 as Nav/Com2 (Com Port 4) - both physically connected and displaying their respective startup screens. Both are appropriately configured in .ini file. Only the 530 activates and is controllable from either the 430 or 530. The 430 is not controllable

Edited by RXP

The RXP GNS is a gauge, not a hardware device connected to a PC comm port.

I still don't get what you are referencing to "com port" in relation to the Reality XP GNS gauge and there must be something missing in your explanation for me to understand what you're talking about.

Can you please further describe what you're doing?

NB: any device unit, being a #1 or a #2 can be configured to use either of COM1/NAV1 or COM2/NAV2. The discriminant is not the com/nav set there are using but whether there are a unit#1 or a unit#2.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I was referring to Win10 virtual com ports. I only made reference because both gauges being assigned to the same virtual port would create conflict and I wanted to let the community know they are on different ports to rule that out as an issue. Both gauges are physically connected via USB and HDMI of course. The 530 is set up as Unit #1 and the 430 as Unit #2 and are configured as COM1/NAV1 and COM2/NAV2 respectively.

My issue of the 430 controlling the 530 (and not itself) only applies when both gauges are physically connected to my PC, both gauges are activated via P3D add-ons and both gauges enabled in R-XP setup with their respective undocked windows being dragged and dropped on to their respective gauges windows. The 530 works great in all respects and the 430 remains stuck on its first initiation screen (with the OK? flashing).

The P3D add-ons monitor shows only one gauge connected and indicates control use (buttons and knobs) when the controls on either gauge are used. To put it another way, the controls on the 430 only control the 530 and the controls on the 530 only controls itself.

The 430 and 530 work just fine individually, when the other is physically disconnected from the PC. Not sure if this matters, but I am also running 2 Saitek radio panels. Thanks!

I still don't get it: the Reality XP GNS is a software running on a computer, not a physical device connected with a plug on the computer.

What is this you're talking about a "Reality XP GNS software connected via USB and HDMI to the computer" ?!?!

The issue here is with his hardware controller -- you need to setup the config so that the 430 knows that it is the Number 2.....is this the Real Sim Gear Product?

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

It is RealSimGear, and I am told by their support that my config.ini file is set up with the 430 as #2 and 530 as #1 (the default). They think it might be the RXP Software (which I doubt because both work independently), but I wanted to try this forum first in case anyone had experienced this and fixed it.

ok now it is clearer to me!

you might want to try different past discussions first:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aavsim.com+"RXP+RealSimGear"

google search is your friend*:

*correct problem description too

Edited by RXP