Sign in to follow this  
Major 1

New Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

With the arrival of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on 18 August can I ask two questions:

What is the best to by    Download or to get the physical disks.....opinions please?

....and I live in the UK so where is best place to buy?

Many thanks,

Major

Personally, I have completely given up on purchasing physical disks. I haven't even got a CD/DVD reader in my computers. So for me the answer is obvious; digital download. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

24 minutes ago, Major 1 said:

With the arrival of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on 18 August can I ask two questions:

What is the best to by    Download or to get the physical disks.....opinions please?

....and I live in the UK so where is best place to buy?

Many thanks,

Major

What is the speed of your connection is Mbps ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The only benefit is if you're a collector or you have extremely slow internet connection.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Not to forget that if uou buy the discs you will have to use them every time you start the simulator. Discs are a big crutch in this day and age, and will help people with terribly low  download speeds, but for the modern gamer/simmer it doesnt sound much of an option at all. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

When you mention physical disks and Sidewinder, what is the status of all your other hardware and how current is it ?

EDIT : I thought you meant hard drives but I read your post again...my bad 🙂

Edited by Steve_Ellis

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Aerosoft sell the boxed version but you pay for shipping from Europe and the disc version will not ship till after the 28th so you will not see it on release. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 hours ago, Major 1 said:

What's with the title for you post!!!

No one here can give you any better answer than you will find on the MS/Asobo web site.

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!

7 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

What's with the title for you post!!!

No one here can give you any better answer than you will find on the MS/Asobo web site.

Can't we be more welcoming to new users??

As for the question, I would choose the download version. Even if you have a slower connection, it would still be more practical than having to use a DVD disk everytime you start the sim.

DVD -> only for collectors or people on very limited connections.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

Aerosoft sell the boxed version but you pay for shipping from Europe and the disc version will not ship till after the 28th so you will not see it on release. 

Where does it state this?

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/simulators/3044/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe?c=1613

third box down on the left Disc or download.

Check out Aerosoft forum some thought if they purchased the box version they could still download the pre-download version not the case, as Aerosoft have said MS make the rules on marketing as i suspect they will on DLC. 

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

20 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/simulators/3044/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe?c=1613

third box down on the left Disc or download.

Check out Aerosoft forum some thought if they purchased the box version they could still download the pre-download version not the case, as Aerosoft have said MS make the rules on marketing as i suspect they will on DLC. 

Where?

OP 2 questions should have taken 4 words to answer:

Download version.

Microsoft store.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

OP 2 questions should have taken 4 words to answer:

Download version.

Microsoft store.

Maybe try CDkeys too. 

I am in the UK too, the best place to buy is from MS with a digital download assuming you have a decent intertron connection. This is because you are going to the source and, all things being equal, when updates come, the first place they appear is at the source, so if buying from any other source in any way makes things dependent on patches etc filtering down to other sources, there is always the chance that this might be subject to a delay, whereas that would presumably never be the case when you went direct to the publisher and your support came directly from that source.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here