Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

Importing flight plans? (resolved)

Is there any way to import a flight plan from SimBrief or Navigraph?  Thanks!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

From Navigraph, it seems like the answer is "no" but I can use LittleNav Map so that's fine.  However, the Import button does not show up.  It seems like this is a common problem and I've read many threads and the solution seems to be different all the time.

I have the C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN folder set up.  This folder only contains the KSLE_KSLE.gfp and user.wpt files.  I start up XP, load up the GTN 750, go to Flight Plan, Menu, Catalog, Menu, and there is not Import button, just Delete All and Delete Pending.

Edited by Atlas

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

It seems like this is a common problem

For which there are common answers and solutions too!

You might want to review you've got the right location in review the RXP log files (see RXP User's Manual for file/path).

If the GTN plugin log file is indicating the expected folder, then you'll know where to put the files into. Is there any such entry in the file?

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I followed the instructions as per the manual, no go.  I looked at other suggestions, still didn't work.  Re-installed the whole thing (smoother this time and no license issues, must've been a corrupted installer), followed the instructions as per the manual, worked the first time.

As Homer Simpson would say -- D'oh!!

50 minutes ago, Atlas said:

followed the instructions as per the manual, no go. 

You might want to follow the instructions I'm giving you instead?

re:

54 minutes ago, RXP said:

Is there any such entry in the file?

Yes, the files were in the correct folder and it did not work.  After the re-install, the same files in the same folder worked.

I have found that the FPLN folder often gets recreated and if this folder is present it becomes the default over the shortcut.  I have made a script that runs to delete the FPLN folder automatically,

Sorry for the double post, i hit send to quickly.  I can send anyone the script if you should need it.

10 minutes ago, Tom3123 said:

often gets recreated and if this folder is present it becomes the default over the shortcut. 

This is interesting a find and this makes me wondering. We'll add this to the list of things to cross-check and if we're finding a reason for this in the trainer, we'll certainly let you know. Thank you.