Sign in to follow this  
hillsboy

GTN 750

How does the PMS GTN750 unit compare to Flight1's and RXP's version? I'm hoping it's more realistic to the real life units with all or most of the features being included from the real unit.

I would love to have a GTN750 in the steam gauge version of the C172, and I love how its officially supported in the justflight piper arrow! Simply amazing.

What I would really like to see is a feaure where we can somehow extend the GTN 750 to a tablet such as an iPad. That would be amazing to use, since you get a bigger screen and native touch controls already. Perhaps a way for them to include a built in server into the mod so that it can interface with the app/client on the tablet.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

There are mods to the mod:

https://de.flightsim.to/file/13415/jds-gtn750-on-gns530-mod

his is a mod enables the superb GTN750 on a few more planes, than officially supportet.

YOU STILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE ACTUAL GTN750 MOD FROM WWW.PMS50.COM (Base oder Base/Premium)!

At the moment included are:

A320 Asobo - (Brake Gauge -> GTN750) - intented for METAR and Navigraph mainly
A32NX FBW Stable 0.6.0 - (Brake Gauge -> GTN750) - intented Navigraph mainly
B747 Asobo - (COM 2 -> GTN750) - intented for METAR and Navigraph mainly
Beech Baron (G1000 MFD -> GTN750)
Beech Bonanza Turbo Mod Variant (G1000 MFD -> GTN750)
Beech 99 (GNS530 -> GTN750)
Cyrrus SR22 (G1000 MFD -> GTN750)
C172 Classic (GNS530 -> GTN750) 
Carenado Mooney 20R (GNS530 -> GTN750)
Carenado C182T (G1000 MFD -> GTN750)
Carenado PA44 (GNS530 -> GTN750)
Carenado PA28 (2nd GNS430 -> GTN750)
Carenado PA34 (GNS530 -> GTN750)
EMB 110 Bandeirante (GNS530 -> GTN750)
Jabiru 160/170 (Tablet/MFD -> GTN750)
XCUB (AS1000STBY -> GTN750) experimental^^

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 7:44 AM, FPStewy said:

I think the point being made is that even the planes I have that included GTN's I would always pop'em out onto my second screen, we can't even do that with the GNS at the moment.

You can move the PMS50 GTN750 to a second screen:

1. Hold down the left ALT key and left click on the GTN750

2. Grab the GTN750 popup with the mouse and slide it to your second monitor.

3. The GTN750 click spots should still work.

Al

18 minutes ago, ark said:

3. The GTN750 click spots should still work

I find they do work sometimes but not always. Like it loses focus?

Just now, rwilsonlj said:

Does the GTN 750 have a way to enter Airways? I have not seen a way to enter them. Thanks!

Not sure but it can import flight plans.

13 hours ago, captain420 said:

What I would really like to see is a feature where we can somehow extend the GTN 750 to a tablet such as an iPad.

Once you popup the GTN750 as described above, you can move it to a tablet using SpaceDesk.  I have not tried flying with this setup, however.

https://spacedesk.net/

Al

On 5/3/2021 at 10:38 AM, ark said:

You can move the PMS50 GTN750 to a second screen:

1. Hold down the left ALT key and left click on the GTN750

2. Grab the GTN750 popup with the mouse and slide it to your second monitor.

3. The GTN750 click spots should still work.

Al

Could it be dragged onto a touch screen?  And the buttons etc. could be used via touch?

Someone said "tablet" but I'm unsure if that's the same as a touch screen.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 minutes ago, Mace said:

Could it be dragged onto a touch screen?  And the buttons etc. could be used via touch?

If you drag the GTN750 onto a touch screen tablet with an app like SpaceDesk, the GTN750 buttons should work via touch.

Al

Edited by ark

7 hours ago, Mace said:

I use it this way on two small Lenovo tablets and my ipad,which, of course, are touch screens. Buttons on the 750 work ok via touch.

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

17 hours ago, ark said:

If you drag the GTN750 onto a touch screen tablet with an app like SpaceDesk, the GTN750 buttons should work via touch.

Al

I just tried that this morning, but it didn’t work like that. Using an iPad as fourth screen I dragged the GTN to it, but was not able to ‘click’ anything. Not with my finger, an not even with with my mouse. Any idea’s why? I could still interact  with the GTN in the cockpit.

3 hours ago, JWvdH said:

I just tried that this morning, but it didn’t work like that. Using an iPad as fourth screen I dragged the GTN to it, but was not able to ‘click’ anything. Not with my finger, an not even with with my mouse. Any idea’s why? I could still interact  with the GTN in the cockpit.

If you have SpaceDesk set up correctly, and the correct PMS750 files in the Community folder (e.g.,  pms50-gtn750-base, maybe also pms50-gtn750-premium, and the necessary aircraft file such as pms50-gtn750-aircraft-grand-caravan if you are using the Grand Caravan ) it should work. I just verified this again. I have noticed that sometimes a slightly longer 'touch time' than usual may be required on the tablet.

Other than that I just don't know what else to tell you.

Al

• Like 1