Sign in to follow this  
carmined

SPAD.neXt and MSFS 2020 Support - 0.9.8 Preview

From SpadNext website:

With MSFS 2020 being released on August 18th it's about time to say something about the SPAD.neXt compatibility.

Basically MSFS 2020 is (already) supported by any version of SPAD.neXt (0.9.5,0.9.6,0.9.7) if you have a FSX/P3D License for SPAD.neXt.
Basically means, you can use the SimConnect variables that existed already in FSX. This does not mean everything will be working like before. Adjustments to your profiles will most likely need to be done.

Also, as expected, MSFS makes changes to SimConnect (aprox. 500 new variables and 400 new Events) and changed some of the behaviors.

On the day MSFS 2020 releases to public, SPAD.neXt 0.9.8 will be released , giving you full access to everything that is available for MSFS.
This will include some ready to fly basic profiles for the stock aircraft that come with MSFS.

To update to SPAD.neXt 0.9.8 an active update-suscription will be required. ( See https://www.spadnext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37310 )

Nothing can be said about the support for 3rd party aircraft at this point in time, as too little is known yet.

SPAD.neXt 0.9.8 will also contain the following new major features:

- Aerofly FS2 Support
- Elgato Streamdeck Support ( Complete License only )

A MSFS 2020 Questions and Answers Thread will be started in the forum in the next days.
However thsi will only be SPAD.neXt releated, since MSFS is still under NDA.

If you are a MSSF Alpha/Beta Tester you can still join the SPAD.neXt MSFS-Beta Program. See here (https://www.spadnext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=65585#p65585) how to jump aboard.

• Like 2

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Could we have that in english please. . . 😛

If you have any Saitek/Logitech panels it means that they will support them natively from day one of release which is great news.  Time to clear off the desk and get the old control panels out.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

3 minutes ago, carmined said:

If you have any Saitek/Logitech panels it means that they will support them natively from day one of release which is great news.  Time to clear off the desk and get the old control panels out.

Wow, that's good news. Does that bin FSUIPC?

I'm thinking less addon (parasitical) programs the better. . .

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not necessarily binning FSUIPC but that Asobo made more variables through SimConnect so using this 3PD tool instead of waiting for Logitech to make updated drivers at least on day one is great.

• Like 1

Carmine

3 minutes ago, carmined said:

Well, at least until MSFS will support VR... After that it will be "VR only" for me...

• Like 1

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

1 minute ago, DocBird said:

Well, at least until MSFS will support VR... After that it will be "VR only" for me...

DEFINITELY!!

Carmine

13 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Do we know if that will mean Track IR?

That’s what I was thinking, cause track IR just uses sim connect to communicate in P3D too.... 

• Like 1

No connection to TrackIR as far as I know and obviously not useful for VR either. 

Those benefitting most are the hardware panel and cockpit builders, including me. I have the SPAD.neXt / MSFS beta combo already in use for my XTOP panel, and most functions do work via Simconnect already.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Can someone point me in the right direction if i just want basic default profiles for MSFS2020 ?

Are they available yet ?

Is it easier to install Logitech drivers into MSFS2020 and have Spad.next only for P3dv5 ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

8 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Can someone point me in the right direction if i just want basic default profiles for MSFS2020 ?

Are they available yet ?

Is it easier to install Logitech drivers into MSFS2020 and have Spad.next only for P3dv5 ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

I uploded my profiles for the MSFS 2020 just do a search 2020 there are about 20 of them.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

1 hour ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I uploded my profiles for the MSFS 2020 just do a search 2020 there are about 20 of them.

Thanks apreciated

seems there are a new patch for MSFS2020 downloading as we speek

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png