Sign in to follow this  
captain420

My aircraft is black at night in P3D v5

At certain airports like FB's KSFO, Flytampa's Dubai, and a few others. Whenever I set the time to night, my aircraft is like almost completely black with on details at all. This wasn't the case before. It really breaks the immersion when trying to set up a night time flight because of this. Is this an issue on LM's part of with the 3PD? I have tried with the PMDG 747, 737, and FSLabs A320. So it's not that. The cause is coming from either P3D v5 itself or the airport needs to be updated? But I already have Flightbeam's latest KSFO version for P3D v5. I thought that was suppose to be P3D v5 ready already?

This is at T2G VHHH

image.png

In the pic below, certain AI aircrafts are showing up fine though.

image.png

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That right there is a case of dynamic lighting either not turned on in the UI of either P3D or Flighbeam manager. I had this at a few FlyTampa airports in v4.5 and turned out I did not have the FlyTampa Libraries properly installed in the sim. 

Also: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=137784

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

agree with 1st reply.  If that doesn't work you have to make sure that your sceneries are kept updated.  Most of the payware makers had to reissue lighting fx files due to LM changes.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

What I don't understand is why certain AI planes don't appear black while others look fine? It can't be the scenery then if that's the case. I assume it would be that certain AI models don't have PBR textures? I am using AIG-OCI for my AI btw, and made sure all the models are up to date. Yet from the picture above, you can see some are lit up correctly while others are black. However, all the planes that I fly in appear black. The issue is quite confusing. I have updated my FlyTampa libraries already. OMDB has this issue, but Kai Tak doesn't.

I will check my P3D settings later to see if I have dynamic lights enabled.

Does dynamic reflections need to be on? I believe I have that set to off.

UPDATE: I do have Dynamics light enabled for FB KSFO v2.0.8 and also in P3D. Is this how it's suppose to look at VHHH?

image.png

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Rob, I am using T2G VHHH v2.2. I have dynamic lighting enabled in the sim. Strange.

Go to Inibuilds website and d/l the dynamic lighting v2 for T2G VHHH. It's much better.

Eric 

16 hours ago, B777ER said:

Go to Inibuilds website and d/l the dynamic lighting v2 for T2G VHHH. It's much better.

Will try it out.

What I don't understand is why certain planes are lit up at night while others aren't. Makes no sense to me. It seems that dynamic lights are working at the airport, however some objects don't seem to have updated textures to support it from what I can see in the screenshots I posted.

UPDATE: Installing the dynamic lights from iniBuilds seems to have fixed most of the problems, however there's still some AI aircrafts that are not lit up. I have posted a screenshot below. This could be a problem with some of the models or textures in AIG-OCI.

image.png

Edited by captain420

Something is serious wrong. I have tried deleting my shaders folder, and Prepar3D.cfg, made sure that dynamic lighting was both enabled in P3D and for my Airports. This is at ImagineSim WSSS.

image.png

There's no nav lights or logo lighting on that plane either. Looks like an effects issue related to the plane. Do the taxi and landing lights light up the ground when you are taxiing?

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

That's me in the PMDG 747. yes the nav lights work and all. Just when you view the plane from external view at night, it's not lit up and appears black. I can't fly at night because of this issue and I can't seem to fix it.

If you go to fsdt kordv2 almost all planes are lit, if you go to kmsp flightbeam, none are lit. This is using oci. So it looks like a airport issue.At KMEM fsdt all are dark and also at KPHX FBeam.

It looks like the only airport I have that is truly v5 ready is  kord. It is also my latest purchase. So out of all my airport purchases only one is up to snuff.

Edited by rickgo

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

1 hour ago, rickgo said:

If you go to fsdt kordv2 almost all planes are lit, if you go to kmsp flightbeam, none are lit. This is using oci. So it looks like a airport issue.At KMEM fsdt all are dark and also at KPHX FBeam.

It looks like the only airport I have that is truly v5 ready is  kord. It is also my latest purchase. So out of all my airport purchases only one is up to snuff.

all of the flightbeam airports issued updated to fix DL with pbr aircraft.  If you haven't updated it, that's why yours are not working.  FSDT Memphis doesn't have dynamic lighting either.  You need the patch from inibuilds.  ORD does.  

Edited by micstatic
adding

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

for v5 PBR and Dynamic Light to work perfectly you need special v5-effect files.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Thanks for the heads up. Dont know how I missed that.

• Like 1

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors