Sign in to follow this  
aatd

MS 2020 and Goflight?

1 hour ago, Chocorua said:

Hmmmm, Well here we go. I've used this method several times through P3D versions 3/4/5 and now MFS and its never failed. Same with my flying bud in Florida. Yes, using the latest software I got via the email notice that it supports MFS. Anyone have success with it?    

I get it. Here's what I do not understand. How did you assign the buttons and knobs when it doesn't have support for MSFS 2020?

PAmCl55.jpg

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

45 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Which versions of MSFS2020 do you and your flying friend from Florida have? 

Thanks

The updated version (I dont' recall the numbers) 

DJJose: Both of us have P3DV5 still installed and it's already configured for that. Actually I just allow all sims to use the same configuration. 

Question: do any of you have any other sims installed? I have P3D5 still...     

• Like 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

13 hours ago, Chocorua said:

Easy way to make GoFlight work:

Navigate to your C:\\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\ folder (if that's
where it is) and make a shortcut on your desktop to the "GFDevFSXSE.exe"
in there.

2) Then after launching MSFS, run it and your hardware should light up! Working here and a friend of mine has it working also. 

Cheers!

Greg

"GFDevFSXSE.exe"

I only ask because I only have P3D v4 installed. Therefore I'll try "GFDevP3Dv4."

Let me try this.

Edited by DJJose

Just now, Chocorua said:

DJJose: Both of us have P3DV5 still installed and it's already configured for that. Actually I just allow all sims to use the same configuration. 

I'm going to try "GFDevP3Dv4."

13 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

I got the side by side error. I tried all the GFDev exec files none did anything except for the FSX SE version that you suggested which leads to an error. Dam!

19 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

I asked if it was Steam, MS, XB Pass?

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I got the side by side error. I tried all the GFDev exec files none did anything except for the FSX SE version that you suggested which leads to an error. Dam!

Same here.

14 hours ago, Chocorua said:

Easy way to make GoFlight work:

Navigate to your C:\\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\ folder (if that's
where it is) and make a shortcut on your desktop to the "GFDevFSXSE.exe"
in there.

2) Then after launching MSFS, run it and your hardware should light up! Working here and a friend of mine has it working also. 

Cheers!

Greg

That does not work in my MSFS.

If I connect my Goflight modules (LG II and several NAV/COM devices etc.) the simulator crashes to desctop while launching.

Means for me : Wait until Goflight publishes a working version of their driver software.

What a bummer. Sorry to have raised some excitement about this. This trick has worked in the past for many others (in other sims) while waiting for GoFlight updates. Anyway, both of us purchased MFS2020 from the MS store. Still working OK here. I found this, fyi, but I imagine most of you have already searched the error:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-error-the-application-has-failed-to/5c6a015e-4162-491d-b7d9-f3b13612e304?page=17

Greg G   

Edited by Chocorua
added link

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

So it seems that I can't download the drivers anymore, the link doesn't work 😞 Does anyone had the zip? And also, has anyone gotten this to work with msfs 2020?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Hi,

I have the same problem trying to get my Goflight modules to work in MSFS, I have a RP48 and a GF46 module and have P3Dv5 installed and working, the  modules work OK with V5. I have Spad.next but no luck either, find it difficult to use and found no suitable

profile that works.

In the past GoFlight always produced a driver for each new version of FS, looks like no such luck this time.

Has anyone tried or is using Axis and Ohs and got it to work for GoFlight???

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I have GF-166 radio module and is finally working in MSFS without any external software. Not only buttons but displays aswell.

I don't have any other flight simulator installed. Just MSFS.

Instructions:

-Install Goflight software and put GFDevFSX.exe (*1) in main goflight software folder.

-Start MSFS and enter flight.

-When on cockpit, just manually start GFDevFSX.exe and thats it. Displays lights up with in game freqs and everything is working. I supose it should work with other modules.

(*1) I uploaded GFDevFSX.exe to mediafire. It should work because I had to external downloaded myself.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/swthkkaux30f8wu/GFDevFSX.exe/file

GFDevFSX.exe is installed when I run the GFConfigSetup_2_28_0.exe installer.
Why do you point to a separate download for it?

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

To me and a to alot of people that don't have FSX, the GpFflight software doesn't install GFDevFSX.exe and it took a long time for me to find a download link. For those who have GFDevFSX.exe, you obviously don't need my link.