Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Will there be subscription Fees?

In addition to the initial cost of the Simulator, will there be additional costs by way of subscription in order to get the full streamed world? Feedback appreciated.

No.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

13 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

In addition to the initial cost of the Simulator, will there be additional costs by way of subscription in order to get the full streamed world? Feedback appreciated.

No, why should be? Someone tells it? Streamed world, on-line weather and live traffic were presented as an integral part of MSFS from beginning.

Yes. I control the scenery streaming process from Microsoft and whether you receive standard definition 256kb landclass tiles or UHD4096 photoreal photogrammetry scenery. PM me your bank details so I can assess your subscription fee.

• Like 5

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

1 hour ago, ludekbrno said:

No, why should be? Someone tells it? Streamed world, on-line weather and live traffic were presented as an integral part of MSFS from beginning.

Because it was mentioned in the early days and the team addressed it by saying that it hadn't been decided yet. I had the same question up until a while ago.

Good to see it's free, sad to see it's still attached to some silly MS XBOX service.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

9 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

, sad to see it's still attached to some silly MS XBOX service.

« Attached » ? It is not, it can be purchased as a standalone. And the  XBox service will allow folks to try the sim for one month for a buck. How silly is it ?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

46 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Because it was mentioned in the early days and the team addressed it by saying that it hadn't been decided yet. I had the same question up until a while ago.

Good to see it's free, sad to see it's still attached to some silly MS XBOX service.

No. Only said, that they doesn't know pricing model yet. But they clearly did declare from the begining, that we may chose to buy MSFS standalone as one-time payment or as part of a big collection different games with monthly subscription (Xbox game pass). They never said, that we have to pay repeatelly to get some of basic part of MSFS, like streamed scenery, live weather, live traffic or multiplayer. But I know, that a small group of still the same people constantly and tirelessly repeated those fake new about the necssary subscription for the complete MSFS here on AVSIM 🙂. Where those people are now, I don't know 🙂.

Edited by ludekbrno

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

They never said, that we have to pay repeatelly to get some of basic part of MSFS, like streamed scenery, (...)

They never said we didn't either, and that was the point up until the preorder was announced.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

43 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

« Attached » ? It is not, it can be purchased as a standalone. And the  XBox service will allow folks to try the sim for one month for a buck. How silly is it ?

How can you purchase it as "standalone"? Hopefully you don't mean the DVD set.

AFAIK the only way to purchase, it aside from the DVD set, is from within the MS webstore and you need an XBOXLive account to make it work, unlike P3D and FSX which are true standalone products. This is not a big deal, just annoying (like steam).

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 1

You have to pay your electricity bills in order to play it. So technically it requires a subscription.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

AFAIK the only way to purchase, it aside from the DVD set, is from within the MS webstore and you need an XBOXLive account to make it work, unlike P3D and FSX which are true standalone products. This is not a big deal, just annoying (like steam).

I meant that you do not have to get an Xbox Gamepass subscription (the OP question as I understand it), you can buy it as a standalone. You do have to buy it at  Microsoft store though. And if you want to stream the scenery, you mechanically need to keep the channel open to whatever service they have. But not if you fly it offline.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, lambourne said:

Yes. I control the scenery streaming process from Microsoft and whether you receive standard definition 256kb landclass tiles or UHD4096 photoreal photogrammetry scenery. PM me your bank details so I can assess your subscription fee.

And, if you live in the USA, also please include your Social Security number and appropriate credit card information.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

52 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

You can buy it from the Game website and CDkeys website. 

36 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I meant that you do not have to get an Xbox Gamepass subscription (the OP question as I understand it), you can buy it as a standalone. You do have to buy it at  Microsoft store though. And if you want to stream the scenery, you mechanically need to keep the channel open to whatever service they have. But not if you fly it offline.

You can buy it from other online retailers.