Sign in to follow this  
sudqui

Multi screens

Hi. In my simulator fsx I use multi screens.  3 for main view. And I undock instruments in Others screens. 

In MSFS 2020 I am listening that multi screens is not possible.  Is that true? Regards.

In 8 days I can answer that and a host of other questions posed , Avsim had an opportunity to interview the MS2020 team leaders yesterday and go through a number of topics that covered various yet unanswered enquiries from our forum .  An Embargo is in effect until the 30th , after that point the publication ban on the last batch of surprises reviewed in a streamed video conference and Q&A session will be lifted .

Best CJ

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Chuck_Jodry-VJPL said:

In 8 days I can answer that and a host of other questions posed , Avsim had an opportunity to interview the MS2020 team leaders yesterday and go through a number of topics that covered various yet unanswered enquiries from our forum .  An Embargo is in effect until the 30th , after that point the publication ban on the last batch of surprises reviewed in a streamed video conference and Q&A session will be lifted .

Best CJ

Thanks. I hope this issue was solved. For me is very important so that my cockpit has many screens.  Thanks again.

Sudqui, I totally agree with you. I run 4 monitors and depending on the config of MSFS 2020, will want to use more.

Thank you for bringing this topic to light.  Michael J

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

2 hours ago, mjw25 said:

Sudqui, I totally agree with you. I run 4 monitors and depending on the config of MSFS 2020, will want to use more.

Thank you for bringing this topic to light.  Michael J

Hi Michael. You are welcome. 

7 hours ago, sudqui said:

In MSFS 2020 I am listening that multi screens is not possible.  Is that true? Regards.

Their Feature Discovery Episode on cockpits said they would support multiple monitors.

This is great news, the interview I mean ... can't wait.

About multiple monitors ... in one of the official feature discovery videos it was mentioned that multiple monitors and home cockpit interfacing would be supported.

Edit: lol, seems we were typing simultaneously.

Edited by RudyB24

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

25 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

About multiple monitors ... in one of the official feature discovery videos it was mentioned that multiple monitors and home cockpit interfacing would be supported.

Correct. See chapter 4:

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

19 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

Thanks.  I run with 8 screens.  It is necessary 2 graphic cards? I run actually with one , using matrox.  It is better 2? 

So far I haven't seen any youtuber show us using two or more monitors in MSFS2020. It would be a shame not to be able to undock instruments or a map to another screen.

I recently installed a second monitor just for MSFS2020 but have not seen any videos or confirmation on using two monitors or more with the sim.

I also have not seen any video where someone opened another view of any kind and I have not seen any evidence of a menu item that hints on that feature.

Using the NVidia surround feature does not solve this issue due to the need for a modified projection for the side views to fix the awful stretching.

P3D has this with "View Groups", X-Plane does this beautifully with "Multi View" and even the Truck Simulator has "multimon configurations" allowing to enter custom angles for the side monitors.

Keeping my fingers crossed for release day.

Matthias - KCOS
         Sim: P3D 4.5, UTX V2, ORBX Base openLC NA EU, ASP3D, TOGA, RealityXP, SPAD.neXt, Carenado GA
          PC: i9-11900k, RTX 3090, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E
Home Cockpit: Honeycomb AFC, Thrustmaster T.Flight, RealSimGear GNS530, Logitech FIP FMP FRP FSP FTQ*2, 3x55" 4K TVs (View), 26" 21:9 (Gauges)

from what i have heard, windows are possible right now, can undock a window and move it to another screen, just not sure what windows are possible (the only vid i saw he moved the weather pane to a second monitor)
they did state in the dev q&a that both multi monitor and windows will be supported but i do not remember them saying "at launch"
but its a priority from what i can gather so soon after if its not already in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ppN8HjZGk&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrJs0jK4a1g
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gobegepww9hdlki/INTERVIEW.mp4?dl=0

Edited by AirWayMan

4 minutes ago, Matthias1231 said:

I also have not seen any video where someone opened another view of any kind and I have not seen any evidence of a menu item that hints on that feature.

I have, at one point he cuts away with phone footage and I don't remember the vid but it was very brief and it was there. Come to think about it we do see the pop out icon but no one seems to show it properly.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, Concorde79 said:

It would be a shame not to be able to undock instruments or a map to another screen.

this is the vid that shows pop outs at 3:29

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

32 minutes ago, AirWayMan said:

They are talking about this in this video starting at 11:25. I have to admit I have a hard time understanding what he is saying due to the accent. I think I heard that it supports all kinds of resolutions (surround mode) but no multi-view but then they do talk about a 180 degree setup !?! 

Matthias - KCOS
         Sim: P3D 4.5, UTX V2, ORBX Base openLC NA EU, ASP3D, TOGA, RealityXP, SPAD.neXt, Carenado GA
          PC: i9-11900k, RTX 3090, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E
Home Cockpit: Honeycomb AFC, Thrustmaster T.Flight, RealSimGear GNS530, Logitech FIP FMP FRP FSP FTQ*2, 3x55" 4K TVs (View), 26" 21:9 (Gauges)