Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

OnAir company manager

Does anyone use this program? I have a lot of questions before buying, but their forum is very tight to answer.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I think you can use it for 10 days free to try.  I did but did not puchase a sub.  Its very similar to Air Hauler.

Sean Green

1 hour ago, sgreen91 said:

I think you can use it for 10 days free to try.  I did but did not puchase a sub.  Its very similar to Air Hauler.

I've already figured it out. I like this one better than Air Hauler. In addition, there is already support  MFS

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

On 7/23/2020 at 8:27 AM, vcarlo said:

Just a reminder...FS ECONOMY has been around for 15 years and 100% FREE

It's just that FSE isn't accepting new accounts right now, they're just being overloaded right now.

I have been using OnAir and starting to like it, it has pro's and cons but it's like a mixture of the best from FSE and AirHauler. the pro's is that it's very immersive and next gen air management. I find FSE/AirHauler to be very static while OnAir is much more immersive and in a persistent world especially in the survival mode. The con's though is that it's a pay-for-play and must be connected to the online world. It's still very new and it has hiccups but overall I much prefer it over static air managers.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

While I'm not say FSCaptain is functionally alternative to your software, but this post reminds me when I search for FSP replacement for 64bit, I got full access to FSCaptain's user manual before I buy it, that's what helped me to take the purchasing.

I subbed to OnAir but need to spend the time to use it.  Looks good from the demos I've seen.  

Just looked at it after seeing this thread, seems pretty good tbh integrates pretty well with FS. Need to build up some cash to link it to p3d though! (Because Jets)

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Just looked at it after seeing this thread, seems pretty good tbh integrates pretty well with FS. Need to build up some cash to link it to p3d though! (Because Jets)

G

you can rent a jet do a checkride and then do the jobs to pay the rent, you don't really need to start at the bottom 🙂

I'm doing the survival from scratch and you can use any sim with the same account/playthrough

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

21 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

you can rent a jet do a checkride and then do the jobs to pay the rent, you don't really need to start at the bottom 🙂

I'm doing the survival from scratch and you can use any sim with the same account/playthrough

Glad to know, will probably go for the Latitude first anyway to complete what I use in FS - then connect to p3d for my fleet in that.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

How OnAir scores each flight? Does it monitors g-forces, angles, ETA, landing rates, departure times, taxing on grass, lights management, etc etc? If it does all of it, I'm in.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

9 minutes ago, Pe11e said:

How OnAir scores each flight? Does it monitors g-forces, angles, ETA, landing rates, departure times, taxing on grass, lights management, etc etc? If it does all of it, I'm in.

it kind of does those things but to point, it monitors angles but I've not been penalized yet, for example if you start your plane without the BCN on you get dinged but it's minor really. It just counts towards your XP earned.

For example right now I'm on survival with no AI so all settings are realistic, I'm renting a C172 classic for $200/hr but only but I also have to pay landing fees/fuel/parking ect... you can't just go in on survival and rent a 787 at $175K/hr when you only have 10K to start. Also there's a Skill tree so you can't do certain flights until you unlock the appropriate skill. Passengers for ex is on of those skills ect... I'm not getting charged for the rental when I'm not flying it but will get dinged for parking. I have to pay but overall it truly is the life of a virtual pilot so to say.

14 hours ago, Pe11e said:

Quite a good overview with flight demo and rating

I am really liking this little program. I'm reluctant about the subscription-part but I will probably end up getting the 2y one as that would be equivalent to a couple of quid each month. I'm a big fan of AirHauler and I've been trying my luck in FSE but I am liking this way more. Esp FSE has underwhelmed me quite a bit TBH (however I am not that experienced with it yet).

However, I feel there's one caveat as of now with OnAir and that is their servers. It seems like MSFS caused a huge influx of new users and that brought the servers to their knees. They seem to be working on it, but it's been down now for hours. I lost the last flight I did due to this (thankfully just a short hop but some people on their Discord have lost hour-long flights due to this).

All that being said, when the servers are up and running I feel that AirHauler and definitely FSE will take a long break.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12