Sign in to follow this  
CallsignDE

Leaked Videos

8 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah mine in v4 are disabled...they look horrible imo.

Really?  I didn't know you could disable them  Does that allow you to go back to the old style trees?  They were killers, and I eventually pulled the slider for tree density to the left a little.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

10 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Found screenshots by @simtom and @Tuskin38 as well. You all should really report this to the team to ensure that you are not punished for no reason. Perhaps it might be a good idea to completely take down the screenshot/video thread or section.

I agree you should report to MS/Asobo team so they can take action protecting the closed forum for Alpha/Beta tester sake!

I just hope you don't mean closing this thread because that won't change anything, as I said before these screenshots are all over the WWW forums unless you just want to end the discussions on this particular forum..😋

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Oh belive me, I've thought about it, but my husband would never let me do it 😄 And besides, I think you might have undercommunicated the costs of making a home cockpit. I do have several peripherals, an ultra widescreen and a really good pc, and it all costs. 

Oh belive me, I've thought about it, but my husband would never let me do it

Lol; usually is the way round; lucky man !!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

t's unfortunate that X-Plane and P3D didn't prioritize fixing the trees.

Yep, that is exactly what happened. The "cardboard" trees were implemented at a time when GPU´s were not that powerful, so every bit of less detail helped. Nowadays GPUs can easily (instancing) show thousands of the same shape, even if it is way more complex.

Laminar has a pretty structured approach to improving their simulator. They consider it to be in separate "blocks" - like ATC, flight model, graphics engine, airports, autogen,... and so on. They are not adding bits and pieces here and there. Usually they will pick one block for improvement and then take that to the next level. This can make for a frustrating user experience, since sometimes a fix seems so small - but if things are working as designed (as in the case of the trees), they won´t get "fixed" until the "autogen vegetation" is up for a total makeover.

It comes with the small team and the need to stay focused. If they had some big spender just shelving out a lot of money for 200 guys to get hammering...we would see things go faster, for sure.

Still - what I have seen in the preview and more importantly in the leaked videos has convinced me that MSFS is not for me. I totally get it that the casual user is really awestruck with the graphics, they look very (a lot more than X-Plane!) realistic. It is just not what I look for in a simulator when I use it the way I use it.

Cheers, Jan

@ChaoticBeauty is it possible to DM me those links. I’m a senior mod on Discord and we have a direct line with MS there. Thanks!

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

2 hours ago, WestAir said:

Know any good websites?

Home cockpit ... if you don't mind for it to look like any real air plane cockpit but still be fully functional, I just finished my cockpit panel. It set me back just $50,- (plus you'll need an Android tablet, I already had they laying around).

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/572604-flightsim-navigation-with-ndb-vor-dme-gps/page/3/

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

43 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Really?  I didn't know you could disable them  Does that allow you to go back to the old style trees?  They were killers, and I eventually pulled the slider for tree density to the left a little.

Yeah I think you just uncheck speed trees.  Yeah it's the old style trees for me.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

43 minutes ago, Janov said:

Still - what I have seen in the preview and more importantly in the leaked videos has convinced me that MSFS is not for me. I totally get it that the casual user is really awestruck with the graphics, they look very (a lot more than X-Plane!) realistic. It is just not what I look for in a simulator when I use it the way I use it.

Cheers, Jan

I see what you mean...I often look at a Telsa with all the new tech...instant torque...cleaner emissions...and think nah..."my 1980 Buick Park Avenue suits me just fine when considering how I drive it".

1 hour ago, adino said:

I just hope you don't mean closing this thread because that won't change anything, as I said before these screenshots are all over the WWW forums unless you just want to end the discussions on this particular forum..😋

I meant the thread or section where they post screenshots in the official forum. I see no other way to stop these leaks. This thread is definitely very useful for assembling them in one place, and you've done a great job catching them.

50 minutes ago, simtom said:

@ChaoticBeauty is it possible to DM me those links. I’m a senior mod on Discord and we have a direct line with MS there. Thanks!

Sending now.

1 hour ago, Janov said:

Is that why you keep posting that subtle criticism?

But I am impressed by your ability to draw definite conclusions about the sims potential by leaked pre release footage of default aircrafts.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, Janov said:

Yep, that is exactly what happened. The "cardboard" trees were implemented at a time when GPU´s were not that powerful, so every bit of less detail helped. Nowadays GPUs can easily (instancing) show thousands of the same shape, even if it is way more complex.

Laminar has a pretty structured approach to improving their simulator. They consider it to be in separate "blocks" - like ATC, flight model, graphics engine, airports, autogen,... and so on. They are not adding bits and pieces here and there. Usually they will pick one block for improvement and then take that to the next level. This can make for a frustrating user experience, since sometimes a fix seems so small - but if things are working as designed (as in the case of the trees), they won´t get "fixed" until the "autogen vegetation" is up for a total makeover.

It comes with the small team and the need to stay focused. If they had some big spender just shelving out a lot of money for 200 guys to get hammering...we would see things go faster, for sure.

Cheers, Jan

Out of curiosity, what sim do you currently use and how do you use it?

Because I use X-Plane 11 and have previously used P3D, and when PMDG aircraft become available for the sim, I see no reason to go back to using either of those two sims. X-Plane was better to me because of its superior flight dynamics (getting rid of the “flying on rails” feeling and feeling the wind push the plane), and its graphics were ultimately more pleasing as well when I found the right freeware to download. Considering this is going to be a significant upgrade to what P3D is currently, what is there to not want? You aren’t losing any features at all, but you’re gaining many!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah mine in v4 are disabled...they look horrible imo.

The weird part is that Microsoft FLIGHT used speed-trees and they looked great. Swayed in the wind, etc.

Then they showed up in P3D and had apparently been exposed to Chernobyl radiation........

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, FlyingInACessna said:

I think I've seen his pic on the official XP website, so take a guess! 😄 Afaik he's a real world airliner pilot and using XP to practise.

What's the point of coming here, telling others you won't use the sim with a subtle hint to XPs superior flight model...

There is no way we can know what MSFS flight engine is cabable of by judging leaked footage of (admittedly arcady) default aircraft. We do know, that ASOBO is aware of those issues and working on it. That's the first version of a totally new flight model, give me a break... 😄 And don't forget the weather engine, which is almost certainly superior out of the gate!

Beside the flight model, VR support (and Windows exclusivity) there is literally nothing to complain about MSFS compared to its competition.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, FlyingInACessna said:

I am sure that he was "baiting" for such an opportunity so that he could X-plain it to us...

• Like 5