Just an idea. I do not have or used vr. I was wondering if it was possible to have sensors in a glove to mimic hand movements instead of the existing controllers. Turning knobs and various other cockpit movements would seem to be more realistic and easier.

I would definitely consider adding vr when the new MS flight simulator adopts it. I would hope for a lightweight, efficient, high quality visualization of flying be made.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

VR gloves and hand tracking are already a thing. The question is whether MSFS will support gloves when VR is implemented.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

VR gloves and hand tracking are already a thing. The question is whether MSFS will support gloves when VR is implemented.

Thanks for the info.

Jim Morgan

2 hours ago, jcjimmy said:

Thanks for the info.

Btw, hand tracking (leap motion) is supported by FlyInside which is a 3rd party app that adds VR to P3D (and XP?).

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

They're kind of a thing. I haven't seen anyone go mainstream consumer with them yet. Manus VR, Haptx are pricey. The Spanish GloveOne guys looked good and went under I think upsetting lots of kickstarters. Plexus VR looked good and went quiet. There's a swiss company https://www.sensoryx.com/ who did a demo with Aerofly FS2 but IPACS/FS2 say that it was no more than a demo. I've been watching this sector eagerly for a couple of years and have had many disappointments. Hopefully MSFS will make it a reality. There's also LeapMotion now owned by the people who created another cool option UltraHaptics, and then of course the built-in hand tracking that Quest has and also Steam/Vive if developers choose to use it.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Many have tried, for years, but no one has been successful, at least for flight sims. The problem is software integration. It's a major obstacle, even with title dev support. Maybe when the headset makers come up with official gloves, it will happen. Facebook have teased prototypes in years past, obviously the tech isn't quite here yet, never mind with haptics.

I hope when msfs vr comes out it will support hand tracking. Eventually hand tracking will be the way to go.

• Like 1