Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Fulcrum Sim update 22/7/20

Hi all

Here is a long overdue update.

Firstly apologies, I have had to deal with some family issues which has kept me busy recently. None of this affects Fulcrum Simulator Controls as a business except that the timing is rather poor due to the current state of things. The workshop is on stand by and I am dealing with social media and emails etc until we are up and running properly. This means that anything that keeps me away from responding means that nobody responds to you. Let me reassure you that this is not the normal mode of operation and that you will receive responses in a timely manner.

Thank you to the various people who expressed concern, i appreciate it and it means a lot. We are still here though and things are still on track. In fact things are getting very exciting now.

We do not have a solid date but it is very close. The new control board is fantastic but as it is now a completely new design we have had to resubmit it for CE and FCC certification. Once the various EMC and safety tests are complete there will be a report issued and we will then be ready to move forward. This testing is carried out by a CE and FCC accredited laboratory and without this, we would be unable to sell to the USA. Likewise, CE for Europe and various other countries. Barring any catastrophic failure to gain certification, we should be about a month away from starting to sell the first yokes. 

Due to overwhelming pressure I have given in and we are implementing a pre-order page on the website. This is currently being put together by our web developer. This will not be for taking any payments but will allow us to start fulfilling orders in chronological order and will also let us see future production requirements. It is also a fair way to prioritise those that have supported us the longest. You do not need to do anything yet and we will update everyone here with details once the pre- order page is live. For those of you who have been talking to me since the very beginning and regularly email me, don't worry! I will be contacting you all with the pre-order link before it goes lout to the wider public. This is only fair as you have been very supportive and followed us since Cosford 2018. Once you are in the queue we will publish it on the shop page.

Thank you all for your continued support in these difficult times. It is appreciated.

Chris

Edited by tutmeister
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Great news thanks Chris.

This can't come soon enough as I've bee keeping the flying skills up while grounded by using my thrustmaster warthog while waiting for the Fulcrum....unfortunately it means I'm using the wrong hand to fly with  so looking forward to the fulcrum before I lose the motor skills in my left hand  😉

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

This is great news, the short time that I had on it at Cosford last year was enough to stop me buying anything else and when you launch it will be worth the wait.

Separate to this I hope things have settled down for you on the family side.

• Like 1

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel

Thanks for the update Chris,

It will be interesting if my landings will be better than when using my Saitek Cessna Pro Flight yoke.

I will be mounting it on my Wheel Stand Pro that I use when I fly in VR.

I use Windows most of the time when in VR but also sometimes use Linux so will also be testing how well that works with the Fulcrum.

This will be a great early Christmas present Bill

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

Thanks for the update. I’ve been a quiet observer of the Fulcrum yoke for awhile. Looking forward to release. 

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update and hope the family issue is now resolved.

I look forward very much to the date when this yoke is available...my flight sim has been waiting a long time for this.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Thank you for the update, Chris.

These are trying times, even more so with family issues. Hopefully all is well, or will be soon

Cheers,

Allard

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Thanks for all the words of support. Everything is fine thanks and we are moving forward. I'll update once the pre order is ready. I must also remind everyone that supply chains are still slow in the uk so although we will be selling soon, we might not be at full capacity. This is of course assuming we need to produce that many!😁

Chris

Thanks for the positive update Chris. Looking forward to being able to order soon. A somewhat delayed milestone birthday present that I’ve been patiently waiting for :-)

Thanks for the good news. I first tried a fairly early version of the yoke at Cosford in 2018 I think. Then again in 2019 I tried another new to market yoke and the Fulcrum. The Fulcrum won hands down. Ever since I have been waiting (fairly) patiently for its release.

Thanks for the update Chris.  I only just saw this update as it wasn’t reflected on the news link of your website or your Facebook page.  At any rate, that hole cut in my custom instrument panel (and now cockpit) is eagerly awaiting your yoke!  Thanks again for the update and sincerely hoping the family issues you mentioned are being resolved!

Sincerely,

Terry Swindle

Boynton Beach FL, USA