Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What happened to my animations?

I have animation at those 2 airports in 4.5 Stan, but I thought global airports where not compatible with v5 ? maybe that is why ?

Alain from Montreal

14 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

I've done it 50 times or more!  Doesn't do a thing for me.  Even created a new Library for Object flow outside of Windows (as recommended).  Still doesn't work.  Thinking about totally uninstalling Central and reinstalling all 200gigs of addons.

Stan

47 minutes ago, aljones said:

I have animation at those 2 airports in 4.5 Stan, but I thought global airports where not compatible with v5 ? maybe that is why ?

Alain from Montreal

I asked that question...but no one answered it for me.  I told ORBX on their forum that I'm running V5. I could swear though that I still saw animations and airports in Hotfix1.  Maybe it's Hotfix2!

Stan

Stan, i tried to install Global airports from my P3dV4 ORBX library into P3dV5 with Lorbi's, it does not show in the sim...:( I guess we will have to wait fro ORBX to make them compatible..did not realized how good the enhance airports were until now... funny thing is, I still have v4.5 installed and now contemplating reinstalling FSX solely for FSlabs Concorde and war planes from A2A   LOL

Alain from Montreal

Edited by aljones

On 7/25/2020 at 5:30 PM, aljones said:

Stan, i tried to install Global airports from my P3dV4 ORBX library into P3dV5 with Lorbi's, it does not show in the sim...:( I guess we will have to wait fro ORBX to make them compatible..did not realized how good the enhance airports were until now... funny thing is, I still have v4.5 installed and now contemplating reinstalling FSX solely for FSlabs Concorde and war planes from A2A   LOL

Alain from Montreal

Alain,

As you may know from the ORBX forum....YOU have helped me solve this problem FINALLY!

After correctly identifying the problem, I sincerely hope this is able to help others.  I suspected that V5 was a different sim from V4.  After confirming that this was indeed a GLOBAL AIRPORT PACK addition to the sim, I re-installed V4.5 today and built a separate library for it, of course.  I then ran 4.5 and saw the animations that I was trying to achieve in V5.  So.....I then copied the Global Airport Pack from 4.5's library to my V5 Orbx library.

I also like having 4.5 back on my computer, since I feel it is still more reliable  when it comes to smoothness and reliability.  4.5 allows me to finish flights without excessive stuttering and bringing the sim to a dead halt.  V5 still isn't there in my opinion.

Now....GLOBAL AIRPORTS WORKS PERFECTLY IN P3DV5!  It doesn't show in Central with all my other downloads, but that doesn't matter.

That's all I wanted, and it's so simple when you know what the problem is.  Object Flow was a false trail to follow.

Thanks again, everyone.  Problem now solved.

Stan

• Like 1

Glad you got it working Stan !  You also give me a tip, when I tried to add Global airports to V5, I simply pointed to the folder from my V4.5 ORBX library, it did not work, I will try to copy the folder to the V5 ORBX library like you did 🙂

Edited by aljones

13 hours ago, spilok said:

I also like having 4.5 back on my computer, since I feel it is still more reliable  when it comes to smoothness and reliability.  4.5 allows me to finish flights without excessive stuttering and bringing the sim to a dead halt. 

Its easy to have smooth P3D when its a fresh installation. Everytime there is this "its so much smoother"-effect but its just an fresh and not "tuned" prepar3d.cfg.

Delete (better rename) that from your v5 install, get your settings in the setup right and enjoy. 

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

4 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Its easy to have smooth P3D when its a fresh installation. Everytime there is this "its so much smoother"-effect but its just an fresh and not "tuned" prepar3d.cfg.

Delete (better rename) that from your v5 install, get your settings in the setup right and enjoy. 

As far as P3d v5 is concerned....I really don't know what the "right" settings are.  I have a state of the art Jetline system, and I have zero problems with everything, except V5!  I've done the following:

• Total P3d uninstalls and re-installs
  • Deleted the P3d config file more times than I can count
  • Use Nvidia display settings both in and out of the sim
  • Use various frame rate settings from 30 to Unlimited and everywhere in between
  • Use FFTF and don't use FFTF settings

I cannot complete a long flight in V5 without the sim eventually stuttering so badly (after about 150 miles), and pausing, AND planes losing the painting textures so badly that I have to abort the flight.  Eventually the sim will FREEZE to the point that I am stuck with no ability to even close out the sim.

Short GA aircraft flights are generally OK and can end successfully.

As far as 4.5  P3d is concerned, I have absolutely beautiful flights literally across the country with NONE OF THE ABOVE problems happening.  My flights are smooth, and wonderful.  I have the exact ORBX scenery in both versions.  I have the exact addon scenery in both versions, I have the exact addon planes in both versions.

If simmers reading this response are NOT having problems like I mention, more power to you.  I DO NOT KNOW YOUR SECRET!

As of now, I will only use 4.5 even though I don't have Atmospheric Enhancement (which I like), or the better topography that's in V5.  Version 4.5 has NEVER paused or froze to the point that I had to abort a flight.  Knock on wood!!!

Hotfix 2 was literally nothing for me.  I'm a little bitter about this, but I'll get over it soon, I'm sure.  I just had to abort a V5 flight from Orlando to Nassau, because the stuttering got so bad, I had to access Task Manager to get me out of it.  The Graphics Options in the sim even froze.

Stan