Sign in to follow this  
skipph

FMOD SOUNDS FOR SR-71

For all pilots that put decent sound as being vital to the immersion of an add on, SimAccoustics has release a very good FMOD sound package for the SR-71. Also stated in the download instructions 

is the possibility to use the sound package for another plane. Which I did. I added the FMOD package for the SR-71 to the B-58 Hustler by Gary Hunter available on the .org. This sound package is really well done and brings

the beast out of either plane. The use in another plane needs to be altered slightly for interior sound to be manageable. Nice to see how a sound upgrade can bring some of the older planes in the 

XP 11 hanger back to life. Skip

Edited by skipph
punctuation
  • Like 2

Totally agree! The guy who's behind this sound pack has been around for years, just check the Avsim library and you'll see his sounds packs going back to FS2004 😆 

Obviously FMOD offers a whole new experience, it's insane! I've done so many flights now and all I do is keep hitting the fly-by key so I can hear that glorious double bang sonic boom 🤤 

DEFINITELY recommend this sound pack for everyone, plus, the more support we give, the more that gets developed! Hears hoping for an Olympus 593 sound pack for Concorde FXP 🙏🏼

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Thanks for the reply. I have offered the author my "review" on the sound package in some emails. He is very receptive to comments and suggestions. Just the type of developer that we could all get behind to start producing some quality tracks for some of our favorite aircraft in the XP world. He is one of the reasons that makes XPlane my favorite sim.  Skip

Here is a sample of how the sound pack can transform an older forgotten model of X Plane. Skip       

• Upvote 1