Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Xbox Live Event July 23/20 12:00 EST

No mention of MSFS. Not sure why they don't intend to promote their own game? Unless of course the Xbox release is way further out than we expect

At the same time we got a new trailer last week. It was highly improbable we'd get anything else.. 

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

Was this specifically for the Xbox? Then it makes sense for them not to promote it. I've seen no signs an Xbox version is anywhere near release. 

• Like 1

This event was so catastrophic Microsoft actions dropped by 4%. Halo gameplay footage looked like a game from 2010's... very bad graphics for next gen...

People are saying MSFS is now the only release making the XSX worth because other releases were so uninteresting

• Like 2

I really thought they would announce MSFS as part of their launch line up, and that they early PC release announcement was so that it could get polished faster for the new XBox. 

48 minutes ago, cepact said:

This event was so catastrophic Microsoft actions dropped by 4%. Halo gameplay footage looked like a game from 2010's... very bad graphics for next gen...

People are saying MSFS is now the only release making the XSX worth because other releases were so uninteresting

Haha that's so funny. MFS is so insignificant to the Xbox console. Flight simulation is a niche product. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing they were saving the pre-order announcement and trailer for this event, but decided to get it out earlier to make room for Xbox game previews. After all, those announcements would have likely been made at E3 2020 if it weren't cancelled.

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I'm guessing they were saving the pre-order announcement and trailer for this event, but decided to get it out earlier to make room for Xbox game previews. After all, those announcements would have likely been made at E3 2020 if it weren't cancelled.

This was an Xbox event, why would they plan to announce a pre-order of MFS for Windows 10 at an Xbox event? This was always planned to be exclusive Xbox games. 

1 minute ago, shawty1984 said:

This was an Xbox event, why would they plan to announce a pre-order of MFS for Windows 10 at an Xbox event? This was always planned to be exclusive Xbox games. 

Xbox is the name of their entire gaming division now, and considering the simulator is coming to Xbox at some point, revealing the new trailer would have made sense if they hadn't already. An image of the simulator from the E3 2019 trailer even appeared briefly in a splash screen at the start of the show. While there were some exclusives in there, many of those games are coming to PC as well so it's more about first-party Xbox titles. There was very little focus on the hardware of the new console.

23 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Xbox is the name of their entire gaming division now, and considering the simulator is coming to Xbox at some point, revealing the new trailer would have made sense if they hadn't already. An image of the simulator from the E3 2019 trailer even appeared briefly in a splash screen at the start of the show. While there were some exclusives in there, many of those games are coming to PC as well so it's more about first-party Xbox titles. There was very little focus on the hardware of the new console.

Yes, but this was an event for the console games, it was never a PC thing. While you are correct that games will be on both Windows 10 and Xbox, I doubt the launch trailer for MFS for PC was ever going to be at this event, it's the wrong type of event for such a thing. There would be no reason for them to use this event to announce the pre-order considering there still is no news on the Xbox part of the game. 

The only way it would make sense is if they had footage of MFS on the Xbox and stuck on the pre-order part for Windows 10 on the end of that. 

• Upvote 1