Sign in to follow this  
Iwf

Which MCP

After nearly 10 years away from FS, the new 2020has rekindled my interest and with a new fast pc am eagerly awaiting the 18th August. I’ve decided too to buy a 737 MCP but am not sure which one.  The GO flight seems the cheapest at around £400 and the CPflight the most expensive in the sub £1000 class, with Opencockpits version in between

anyone tried more than one and could offer some advice.  I know it’s unlikely to work on the 18th, but which company do you think might get there first.

many thanks

Welcome to the forum(s). Just my opinion, but I wouldn't do anything until the dust settles after the release on the 18th. There is a lot that's unknown right now but in a couple of months things will become much clearer. You're talking about a serious investment and, were I you, I'd wait and be sure that I've made the right choice based on factual information.............Doug

• Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

54 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Welcome to the forum(s). Just my opinion, but I wouldn't do anything until the dust settles after the release on the 18th. There is a lot that's unknown right now but in a couple of months things will become much clearer. You're talking about a serious investment and, were I you, I'd wait and be sure that I've made the right choice based on factual information.............Doug

Tend to agree. I would get familiar with the new sim first before blending in add ons and peripherals (especially expensive ones). You may change your mind and wished you’d gotten something different. There is going to be plenty of stuff to explore with the new sim that will keep our interest for several weeks. Many late nights into the wee hours I expect.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Thanks both. Very sensible advice.

Having been away from the forums for years, so getting my FS2020 fixes from the various youtube videos and noew reading forum messages I sense some trepadation about the new sim.

Any particular reason?

I use the GoFlight MCP with P3D. It requires compatible drivers to work with any sim. Until GoFlight (or any other MCP manufacturer) release drivers that make it work with MFS it will just be an expensive dust collector.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Iwf said:

Thanks both. Very sensible advice.

Having been away from the forums for years, so getting my FS2020 fixes from the various youtube videos and noew reading forum messages I sense some trepadation about the new sim.

Any particular reason?

I think the problem is that there are still some serious open questions that won't be answered until the final release and folks have had a chance to explore the new sim. Two things are holding me back right now...1.) what type of hardware is really needed for satisfactory performance. I know the specs from MS have been published but that isn't the real world. And 2.) how much bandwidth is really needed. I have a monthly data cap and there is no way I'll use much of it playing FS2020......Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hi Ray

Good to see you're still running the forum.   I'm hoping the new FS will provide a fresh platform for everyone, without the need to what i recall as being the continual need to buy add ons.

1 hour ago, Iwf said:

Hi Ray

Good to see you're still running the forum.   I'm hoping the new FS will provide a fresh platform for everyone, without the need to what i recall as being the continual need to buy add ons.

Hi lwf,

Thanks. Addons will still be needed especially for airports and aircraft. The scenery should be fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather