Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

PLEASE...

...can we have a P3DV5 forum? As one of those who have not yet, and probably never will, install V5 it's kind of tough wading through all the V5 stuff to find anything relevant to me...........Doug

Edited by W2DR
kanr spel
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

2 hours ago, W2DR said:

...can we have a P3DV5 forum? As one of those who have not yet, and probably never will, install V5 it's kind of tough wading through all the V5 stuff to find anything relevant to me...........Doug

Read this topic that in pinned at the top of the forum regarding your query.

If users would take the time to add the tags it would certainly make it easier for you to sort. The problem is most people don’t do it because they either haven’t read the sticky, don’t know how to tag or just don’t want to take the extra step to do so.

We can manually add the tags but most of us, me included have enough other stuff to do besides opening each post to see which version of P3D is being discussed and adding the tag ourselves.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, W2DR said:

Tis always the way. You can stay with the old sim, but you’re swimming against the tide of progress. Note the distinct lack of P3D v3 topics around here...

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

6 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Tis always the way. You can stay with the old sim, but you’re swimming against the tide of progress. Note the distinct lack of P3D v3 topics around here...

Thanks for your reply. But I wasn't looking for a lecture as to what I should be doing..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

8 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Read this topic that in pinned at the top of the forum regarding your query.

Thanks...........Doug

2 hours ago, W2DR said:

Thanks for your reply. But I wasn't looking for a lecture as to what I should be doing..........Doug

I wasn’t lecturing you in what you should be doing. I was pointing out that you should expect the forum to be full of p3dv5 topics, because its the new sim, and this will become more and more the case over time.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I wasn’t lecturing you in what you should be doing. I was pointing out that you should expect the forum to be full of p3dv5 topics, because its the new sim, and this will become more and more the case over time.

"Pointing out that you should"... in the sense of "pointing out that one should...". ))

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Peace..............

• Like 1

This board will get easier to read over the next year or so as people move to MFS.

• Like 1

Larry, Moe, and Curly! Nyuk, nyuk! 🤪

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

6 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Larry, Moe, and Curly! Nyuk, nyuk! 🤪

Nice to see that someone wearing a "Moderator Badge" here finds so much humor in the older generation. Your day is coming much sooner than you think!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Nice to see that someone wearing a "Moderator Badge" here finds so much humor in the older generation. Your day is coming much sooner than you think!

I'm close to 72....and You?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I'm close to 72....and You?

73 and getting there.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/