Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

VATSIM Partnership confirmed

19 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

Thats only for the hardcore 1%

The hardcore 1% fly with the real controllers and military flight students on PilotEdge.

Good news! Important aspect to pave the way into the next generation of simming.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Wonder how this will link with their current multiplayer plans shown in the feature discovery video. 

• Upvote 1

@andrecarli737 There was a network called SATCO, the people running it felt out so some broke away to form IVAO, the rest made VATSIM. Both aim to provide realistic ATC on a multiplayer server so the differences are somewhat nuanced; IVAO traditionally had more integrated software and is generally more centralised whereas VATSIM was more open to third party provision of tools (pilot clients, radar clients etc) and more regionalised management and policies.

These days the biggest difference is ATC coverage, for example: North America, United Kingdom, Germany, Northern Europe tend to be much better served on VATSIM, whereas IVAO has a strong hold on France and Italy (Spain was kind've on a par). The other thing is that VATSIM tends to be a bit stricter with their controllers, you get great quality ATC but if you want to control it takes a long time to climb the ranks. IVAO had much better pilot software for a long time imo, but VATSIM has caught up in that regard.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I have to say that the partnership with VATSIM is icing on the cake for FS2020. The quality and tone of the ATC audio in the trailer is outstanding!

Edited by Doering
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

@ckyliu thanks for the info. I've been on IVAO for this long mainly for two reason, rank system and world tours. Would you know if they got similar tour and rank system? I know that you can convert IVAO license, into a higher one in VATSIM.

imyj2f-5.png

@andrecarli737 VATSIM log hours, there is a rank system of sorts for pilots but I think it's based on completing training an exams, it's not just off hours. I don't believe there's any centrally organised tours, again the open nature of VATSIM means they leave that to third parties often who will then sometimes make arrangements for ATC coverage. VATSIM does have scheduled events though where they will cover a particular area or route.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I should add that VATSIM support from pretty much day 1 is awesome, I'm a very happy chappy 🙂

• Like 1

support1.jpg

I don't know how this works for me, I'm interested but never flown with Vatsim, fitting in would be difficult. 🙄

I have never tried VATSIM or anything similar. I will definitely try it now that it seems to be built in!

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

As someone who doesn’t like seeing 12 years olds doing barrel rolls with 747 over EDDF and having no atc coverage for 98% of the globe I must say: zzzzZzzzzz

• Like 4

Lukas Dalton