Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 23rd, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

19 minutes ago, KORH Jeff said:

There apparently is a setting in the sim to change tree size and density 

I've heard this, too, but I am not convinced it's a good idea. This would work well if all trees would be globally, say, twice the real life hight and there would be a single switch to just reduce hight by x%. I doubt it's that simple, as there may be regions where trees fit well and others where they're much too tall. There may be monster trees disturbing close to runways while trees looking proper in the wood nearby etc.

And didn't we want to stop tweaking with MSFS, did we?😉

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

20 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

You make complete sense and I agree with you on all points. However, I kinda feel the same way as the guy you quoted. If im going to pay a good amount of money, all the big stuff needs to be solid and it needs to feel like a complete product. I am a tad worried that when we all start to play this thing, that it's not going to feel polished like it should for the money required to play. That's all.

Entirely in agreement. This morning I ran up...another sim...made a proper flight plan, downloaded orthos for departure and destination,  flew it from cold and dark for 2 hours. At 2.5 hours it randomly dropped to 1 fps and then crashed. I would like an improvement on this, and I really hope I'm going to get it 🙂 (I would also like my morning back,  but that's my own fault, really).

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, pmb said:

've heard this, too, but I am not convinced it's a good idea. This would work well if all trees would be globally, say, twice the real life hight and there would be a single switch to just reduce hight by x%. I doubt it's that simple, as there may be regions where trees fit well and others where they're much too tall. There may be monster trees disturbing close to runways while trees looking proper in the wood nearby etc.

Hence the ability to further tweak by tree type (in an .ini file say).. the size of conifers are an abomination, as are those "rain forest" type trees.

In any case, its a GOOD idea. Instead of having the default comically oversized trees inflicted upon me, I'll be able to find a "sweet spot" where I'm happy and no longer triggered, and ofc my happiness is what's most important. 🙄

• Upvote 2

Matthew S

VATSIM partnership.

Means they must have built in some internal support for VATSIM.

This means were are officially at the "its not a game its a simulator" moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Theboot100 said:

VATSIM partnership.

Means they must have built in some internal support for VATSIM.

Glad I have been with Vatsim for something like 15 years now. Those IVAO boys are crying in their soup tonight!

Eric 

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

MSF Team - Now please just implement TrackIR support...do you guys know how immersive it is to just move your head around 4ft away from a 50in 4k TV at .80 zoom in the VC? Come on gentlemen...this is the only thing holding me back now! 

It's been awhile since this post, but NaturalPoint did get contacted about MSFS.  May want to contact them for an update.

Jon Campbell

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Probably one player acting as ATC for players online.

My guess is "play" as in simming is a game. But at the moment, the ATC function isn't "playable"

4 hours ago, KORH Jeff said:

There apparently is a setting in the sim to change tree size and density 

I have not heard of this at all. Where did you hear this?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

5 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

It also means that they are going to continue working on the sim to add improvements, features and updates until they get it to where they want it.

Exactly...we need more "half glass full" people........Who can name a new title that has been absolutely bugs-free or required no updating and problem solving after release........?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, YMMB said:

Exactly...we need more "half glass full" people........Who can name a new title that has been absolutely bugs-free or required no updating and problem solving after release........?

Errr...... no one! 😉 There's always going to be a bug somewhere or an enhancement to implement somewhere , sometime.

Completely agree with your statement above.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

4 hours ago, Theboot100 said:

Naaah, not necessarily - still too many VATSIM flyers that treat it like a game. Still, that particular partnership announcement is absolutely brilliant news!

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

5 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Hence the ability to further tweak by tree type (in an .ini file say).. the size of conifers are an abomination, as are those "rain forest" type trees.

In any case, its a GOOD idea. Instead of having the default comically oversized trees inflicted upon me, I'll be able to find a "sweet spot" where I'm happy and no longer triggered, and ofc my happiness is what's most important. 🙄

I think, you have a very bad eyes or you don't understand the camera zoom efect, which change the visual scale between object, what are placed closer and further to the camera position. I'm sure, that tree's height is mostly correct and only on some pics with a specific camera settings and position may appears too large. Definitely there isn't exist any global problem with tree's height and sorry, but it's very annoying to see your continuous complaints for problem, what doesn't exist.

Edited by ludekbrno

The trees are fully configurable in terms of density/area/size/species types. Don't call me an NDA breaker, posting this just to calm this trees hysteria down. Yes it (now) requires manual editing of the config, but I doubt there is one size fits all solution and I am glad this possibility to fine tune it exists.   

Edited by CoordinatorYS

8 hours ago, bonchie said:

Bah, I didn't want that response. It's basically telegraphing that they aren't gonna get all the issues fixed before release.

It seems indeed the MS PR team’s cynic answer to the numerous mixed feeling feedbacks from leaks, specially the not so good flight models, the aircraft turning with no aileron moving etc.

The 10 years of continuous development was meant, in every interview we saw or read, as adding features they wanted to have time to do right  VR, Seasons, Helis etc and not correcting the bugs of a sim not ready for prime time. Not an early access. Not a series of HF à la v5. 

I do not know whether FS20 will be good or bad at release. I am still hopeful for the best sim ever because of Asobo enthusiasm for the project. I liked it. But, at the same time, when I read this BS on top of the update, I am glad not to have it preordered. 

Sorry, I am not a « thats the way the world goes, lets be happy the glass is half full » kind of guy.  A full glass of excellent wine has never hurt anybody.

8 hours ago, jpc55 said:

Kind of curious as to what a couple of things are in the background of Screenshot by Drysa ? :huh:

Sounds like a mesh issue to me. Note that in the snapshot the terrain/DEM is one of the two on which they have not yet worked. A lot more important than a slightly deflated tyre. But its just me.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam