Sign in to follow this  
Bottle

A2A announcement

Many of our customers have asked if we plan to “port” our existing Accu-Sim fleet into the new sim. Instead, we’ve spent the past year developing a new version of Accu-Sim to build and test virtual aircraft. Future releases won’t just be ports of existing products, but instead they’ll take full advantage of the features and potential of the new platform to bring an unprecedented level of fidelity and quality”

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

This is why people don't need to freak out about the default planes. These major developers have been working a while to get products into MSFS and all are saying they will be more advanced than anything they've done before.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

There's a huge difference between saying people want default stuff they can use as opposed to shelling out for additional items on top of the product.  Remember that only a small fraction of people who run MSF will buy any ad-ons, let alone lots.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

9 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

There's a huge difference between saying people want default stuff they can use as opposed to shelling out for additional items on top of the product.  Remember that only a small fraction of people who run MSF will buy any ad-ons, let alone lots.

Usable is a very arbitrary standard when talking about default aircraft. I find some of the complaints exaggerated but agree bugs need to quashed. But for the purposes of this forum, almost no one is going to fly default planes once good add-ons come out.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 6

It honestly is a relief to read that because Scott Gentile knows  what he is talking about as a pilot, as a simmer and as a simcraft designer.  As a long time customer for many products,  I think that I can vouch for that .

We didn't need a timeline, just an A2A statement of intention in the form of a first assessment of the new sim. We have it.  And we know that A2A has been working with Asobo. 

The Accu-Sim Aerostar is also different in that it’s being designed largely for the purpose of training. A2A owner and developer Scott Gentile owns and operates Aerostar N122PC and wants his airplane “Accu-Simmed” for the specific purpose of becoming the safest pilot he can be.

In the meantime, congratulations to Microsoft and Asobo for creating a wonderful new flight simulation to propel this industry well into the future.

So thanks to @Scott - A2A ! Well done, Sir. Looking forward to the Aerostar.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Now this is interesting, although I not seen a A2A rotary-wing aircraft.  Hope for choppers in MSFS?!

As Accu-Sim has evolved and grown in reputation, A2A Simulations has been given the chance to simulate training aircraft for the US military. This is both a tremendous responsibility and a great opportunity to develop our core technology based on crucial hands-on experience, so that it can simulate other powerplants, systems and even rotary-wing aircraft.

Edited by TuFun
correction

3 hours ago, Bottle said:

Thanks for that heads up. It is IMHO the most positive thing posted so far about MS2020. If A2A is on board then there is a good chance this whole MS goat rope will turn out to be a good thing. My feeling about the A2A business model is that they would not be investing their time on a project that does not move the ball forward. Like many are now starting to see, it won't be all magic on Aug 18th but it may be the beginning of something pretty good indeed.

Edited by shivers9
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Think of it like the sandbox has been created. Now it's up to the community to make whatever we want out of it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Told ya'. . . 

I knew Scott Gentile would be on it.

We're going to fly Spitfires in the new sim boys!

The Warbirds are coming.

Now, just need to strap this on. . .

spit1.jpg

And when that get's heavy go fly this. . . 

harrier2.jpg

Good things come to he who waits. . .and we have waited. . . 

Stay safe up there but fly it like you stole it.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

Without having access to the SDK, I wonder how they know if it will be viable or accurate enough? Interesting. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Without having access to the SDK, I wonder how they know if it will be viable or accurate enough? Interesting. 

Who says they don't have access to the SDK?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Who says they don't have access to the SDK?

Good question. Mostly others I see saying it hasn't been released. 

7 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Good question. Mostly others I see saying it hasn't been released. 

It hasn't been released, but the indication in A2A's statement is that they have access to something and have already been working. Noway would all these 3PDs who have made public statements being shifting their priorities to MSFS if they weren't sure what could be done.

• Like 1