Sign in to follow this  
Bottle

A2A announcement

@bonchie Asobo. Because it's not finished. They rekon it won't be done for at least a month after release.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

48 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Without having access to the SDK, I wonder how they know if it will be viable or accurate enough? Interesting. 

Microsoft clearly stated that 3pd has access to the SDK., They have even gone so far as to acknowledge that they know they need to provide more and clearer documentation for 3pd to take full advantage, but many developers already have projects in the works.

Robin

2 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Microsoft clearly stated that 3pd has access to the SDK., They have even gone so far as to acknowledge that they know they need to provide more and clearer documentation for 3pd to take full advantage, but many developers already have projects in the works.

Only selected 3rd party developers perhaps. Which ones and why they were selected and others weren't is also interesting. 

10 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@bonchie Asobo. Because it's not finished. They rekon it won't be done for at least a month after release.

Asobo did not say certain 3PDs don't have an SDK.

The public SDK for the general partner program is not ready for release. But it's fairly clear that certain, high level 3PDs have the SDK. Aerosoft has already made comments about it and companies like PMDG and A2A are not going to bet their futures on something they haven't seen.

They've bet nothing, they've just made an announcement. They can always back out. AFAIK the SDK is simply not finished, for public or private. And plenty of devs moaning that they have to use Wasm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

15 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

They've bet nothing, they've just made an announcement. They can always back out. AFAIK the SDK is simply not finished, for public or private. And plenty of devs moaning that they have to use Wasm.

Whatever. I've heard differently.

And companies don't just "back out" of major announcements to support a new sim. If they had no idea what they were getting into, they wouldn't make an announcement. PMDG and A2A didn't get to where they are because they are stupid. PMDG has already canceled P3D products to focus on MSFS. You don't do that on a wing and prayer.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 3

When anyone reduces themselves to starting a post with "whatever" I know how much credence to attach to whatever follows it 🙄

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

And companies don't just "back out" of major announcements to support a new sim. If they had no idea what they were getting into, they wouldn't make an announcement. PMDG and A2A didn't get to where they are because they are stupid. PMDG has already canceled P3D products to focus on MSFS. You don't do that on a wing and prayer.

Thank you. For the life of me I will never understand why some fellow folks are so negative.

Its almost as if there is a wish or prayer for this new Sim to fail.

• Like 1

Robin

18 hours ago, bonchie said:

Link please. Several recent posts on PMDG forums state the exact opposite about abandoning P3D.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

1 hour ago, JB3DG said:

Link please. Several recent posts on PMDG forums state the exact opposite about abandoning P3D.

Where did I say they are abandoning P3D? I said they canceled P3D products to focus on MSFS, which shows a serious level of commitment. I didn't say every single P3D product. They canceled the 737NG3 for P3D and will only bring it to MSFS. They said they are "pivoting their entire development" to bring the 737, 777, 747, and DC6 to MSFS. They announced that a long time ago.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

PMDG NG3 (MAX) was stopped for P3D and the NG3 (MAX) is being made for MSFS2020, they released the upgrade to the NG the NGXu (U for upgrade) for P3D but the PMDG NG3 is for MSFS2020.

As Bonchie says there focus now is MSFS2020

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Is there an official announcement by pmdg? I could think you are right but without an offcial position...

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

26 minutes ago, riccardo74 said:

Is there an official announcement by pmdg? I could think you are right but without an offcial position...

What? we are making it up?

Go have a good read of there forums.😉

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This is really good news !

My favorite developer !

MSFS2020 is going to be amazing with the help of A2A 😎

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

I assume accusim v4 will have things like visible icing, and utilise the same 1000 point surface calculation for the flight model etc.

it just seems strange that they will be tweaking sounds, physics and all that when the default a/c should already be very good in this regard? 

• Like 1