Sign in to follow this  
Sea2Sky

Question regarding JUN2020 RXP release.

Hey @RXP, thanks for continuing to support the product. I managed to get it working well in P3D v5 and have been really enjoying as always.

I've noticed an update that was released in June, and and I've been trying to find out more about the P3D v5 Hotfix 2 release notes. Looking online at http://reality-xp.com/appcast/rxpGTN-FS.html, it mentions that  v 2.5.61.1 is the (JUN2020) release. and described as "New: Compatible with Prepar3D v5 HotFix 2". When I update the software using the software updater, it says that it's v2.4.20.2 (JUN2020) with the same note.

I had two questions:

i.) I was running 2.4.20.0 and it states that 2.4.20.2 (JUN2020) is the latest version, but your website states 2.5.61.1 (JUN2020) is the latest update. Is there a discrepancy between the two versions, or possibly a typo on either the software updater, or the web site?

ii.) What changes in the JUN2020 release reflect the P3DV5 HF2 update? Before I installed the JUN2020 version, it appeared that RXP was working fine with 2.4.20.0 (MAY2020) release. I was curious to know what changes were made and if they will be noticeable on my end?

Thanks!

Are you possibly mixing up the GNS530 and the GTN750?

They have different release numbers.. 😉

• Like 2

Bert

@Sea2Sky Hi, thank you for your kind words!

You might want to cross-check @Bert Pieke suggestion about version numbers, he is very often right!

As for what is specifically changing when there is a new FltSim version:

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)