Sign in to follow this  
nandrews

Alpha build spam email warning

I have just received an email offering me access to the Alpha build version of MSFS. This is surprisingly coincident with my pre-ordering the release version of MSFS!
Prudent checking tho' showed that all the links in the email offer were to the domain go.sparkpostmail1.com, which on checking shows to be a known source of spam!
So I mention this in case any of you think MSFS has arrived early for you!

• Like 2

I hope you didn't take a step too far! But if you did what happened, I'm curious.

I would strongly suggest you re-visit your emails and assess them once again to be absolutely certain that they are bogus and not at all the result of you being "cleared for take-off" in the alpha program.

You may want to block out a couple hours of downloading time...

Edited by greggerm

Saw this too and it looked phishy to me. I deleted the email.

In case this was legit, I think download info should also be have been added under the user's account at flightsimulator.com, in case the user is suspicious about clicking strange looking links in an email.

Barry Friedman

I got the email. Backed up my computer then clicked on the links. It took me to the MSFS alpha install site. However, whenever I go to the X Box Insider Hub, there is no MSFS.

I got this mail too tonight.

I was also suspicious and then checked my insider hub without clicking any links in that mail and the invite was legit!
I am downloading the 80GB right now.

I still have not clicked any links in that mail, but when you google go.sparkpostmail1.com further, you get here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/emails-from-our-website-being-marked-as-spam/b92df33b-0f6b-46a5-9341-972bbb420a5f

So sparkpostmail is ok ?

It seems we have to click on the link to get to the insider forum. There is no direct link in the insider hub and the forum link on the official page just points to the public forum.
Does anyone have the unmasked link to the insider forum or can verify that the sparkpostmail links are legit?

2 hours ago, johnbla said:

I got the email. Backed up my computer then clicked on the links. It took me to the MSFS alpha install site. However, whenever I go to the X Box Insider Hub, there is no MSFS.

In the insider hub, did you check on the left under "insider-content"?
I couldn't find it too at first, but it was there under "games" .

26 minutes ago, Carlosx said:

In the insider hub, did you check on the left under "insider-content"?
I couldn't find it too at first, but it was there under "games" .

Yes I did. All I get is Minecraft for Windows 10. BTY, there is no provision to log in so I don't know how it knows you.

Can anyone who got an invite in the past weeks via mail say if the links inside pointed to go.sparkpostmail1.com?

"Can anyone who got an invite in the past weeks via mail say if the links inside pointed to go.sparkpostmail1.com?"

And everyone that received this, pre ordered the sim?

Anyone clicked it and can say it's legit?

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

It's official invite, some 'software' marks it as spam but it's not. Hope those who deleted it find it again in their bin. Actually you don't need it just go to XBox insider hub.

-eelis-

Edited by eelis
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Carlosx said:

Why would Microsoft send mails via sparkpost.com ?

Don't know but they do.

-eelis-