Sign in to follow this  
Robin29

Download full game before 18AUG

Hello,

I was acutally hoping we were able to download the full simulator (all the 100GB's or so??) before the releasedate of 18-AUG.

My internetconnection is fine (over 30MB/SEC) so thats not a problem. What will be a problem (I think) is the server capacity of Microsoft. When everybody wants to download the simulator on the 18th of august it will result in a meltdown or so 🤯😈😮.

Yeah Yeah, I know that we are talking about Microsoft. The server capacity they have must be huge. But history tells us that when a game is released, the capacity they think is enough, is never enough 😁.

My plan was to whipe out my harddrive on 16-AUG. Install everything I need in the days following and download the full 100 gigs and be ready to play on the 18th.

Now I see we are only able to download 20 MB. It does not look very promissing 😂

Does anybody know if we can download the game in advance or just have to wait until the 18th and all download the game at 100 kb/sec 😆

Regards and stay calm for the next 3 weeks,

Robin

Edited by Robin Cornelissen

Start preparing for take-off.  Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio are thrilled to announce that Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18, and you can pre-order on Windows 10* or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today. Learn more about aircraft, airports, and editions here!

So looks like you need Xbox Game Pass to pre-install it.

53 minutes ago, Robin Cornelissen said:

Now I see we are only able to download 20 MB.

Yes that's it, what were you expecting? It's only a flight simulator, not Minesweeper! 🤦‍♂️

Matthew S

They have actually said that preorder customers will be able to download MSFS a couple of days before Aug 18.  Stay tuned.. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Bert

Thanks Bert, that's good news! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

They have actually said that preorder customers will be able to download MSFS a couple of days before Aug 18.  Stay tuned.. 🙂

Do you remember where they said that?

August 18 is a Tuesday. Do you think it will be released at 12 AM Redmond WA time?

2 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Do you remember where they said that?

I contacted MSFS Support asking about pre-download and they gave me this answer

bBYIla9.png

Edited by edu2703
  • Like 4

So does that mean for the people who have pre ordered will be able to play from midnight the 18th just to clarify? Just so I can tell the mrs when she should expect to not see me again 😊

• Like 6

I wonder if it will be active once downloaded or simply downloaded so we don't have to experience possible issues on the 18th with everyone else trying to download.  I would guess we could not use it until the 18th.  

i9-10900k * 64GB 3600MHz Ram * RTX 3090 running 3 75" 4k displays smoothly.  

Full 737 MAX enclosed cockpit from FDS

30 minutes ago, helloo said:

I would guess we could not use it until the 18th.  

+1

Bert

1 hour ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

I wonder why they don’t make an announcement. I will probably pre-order now.

That's probably the reason they don't make an announcement.😄

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.