Sign in to follow this  
threebears

New Unwanted Items Appeared in "Aircraft" Selections?

I have been using FSX-SE for a couple of years - at least.  It has lately been very (and I mean very) slow to load.  Suddenly, yesterday, a new category appeared in the aircraft selection tab: as well as Microsoft Corporation, PMDG and Majestic (for installed add-on aircraft) I now have "Just Flight".  If I select it I am offered 'Plane Spotter' and something else.  Has anyone else seen this - what is it?  The only thing I have installed recently, and it came from "Just Flight", is a Global Airport detail scenery enhancement package.  Has this been installed without my wanting it, and can I get rid of it?

Andrew Gold

open the aircraft folder you dont want to display and delete the panel.cfg

that will still allow them for AI but not as user object

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Thanks Jeansy, but it's not an aircraft (they seem to be some sort of 'option').  They don't appear in the Aircraft folder or the SimObjects folder (I already looked there) so I can't delete them.  I've written to JustFlight to ask them.  Weird or what?

Morning Andrew.

Have you by any chance installed Traffic 360 by JustFlight?

If so, you may want to look in here:

....\FSX\SimObjects\JFTraffic360

It'll be "Spotty", an object you can use to wander around the place as though you're a plane spotter.

I think you could quite easily delete to .cfg file and not worry about him.

I'm pretty sure this chap won't actually have much of an impact on your loading times though.

Maybe look elsewhere for the problem?

Rick.

Nope, not in these places.  I've found a .cfg file in Scenery though with a line reference to 'Spotty'.  I've deleted that line and will see what happens.

Andrew

Maybe Spotty came with other JustFlight products too?

Either way, I don't think you'll miss him!

Rick.

Hi.  If I could get rid of 'him' I would. 

Editing the .cfg for it made no difference.  Since I downloaded this Traffic Global (Early Release) from JustFlight other things have happened.  For example the PAPI lights at Exeter (my most frequent departure / arrival) have decreased from 4 to 2.  I've raised a support ticket with JustFlight, but suspect I'll end up deleting it.

Thanks all for the input.

Andrew

• Like 1

Ah ha!  Just had a reply from JustFlight: yes, it came with the Traffic Global programme (why?).  They directed me to a folder which I deleted.  Yipee.

Andrew

Brilliant!

But you never know, you may want a plane spotter for your local airfield one day...

BTW, I find JustFlight support to be excellent.

Rick.

Rick, I agree. They gave me a full refund on a plane I bought, because it was not working with my Saitek switch panel. I deleted the plane - they are good guys.