Sign in to follow this  
MartinH

How am I supposed to join?

Recently decided to try Vatsim again, can't log-in on vPilot using the ID and password I used on the Vatsim website.

Unsure why that was, I decided to try making a new account on Vatsim and have no idea how to do so. Firstly, the sign-up form asks to set a password reminder before I've set a password, and clicking 'register me' just gives me a message saying something went wrong because I didn't chose a division. All fields on the sign-up form where filled in, and there was nothing about choosing a division.

How do people get on the network?

47 minutes ago, MartinH said:

Recently decided to try Vatsim again, can't log-in on vPilot using the ID and password I used on the Vatsim website.

Unsure why that was, I decided to try making a new account on Vatsim and have no idea how to do so. Firstly, the sign-up form asks to set a password reminder before I've set a password, and clicking 'register me' just gives me a message saying something went wrong because I didn't chose a division. All fields on the sign-up form where filled in, and there was nothing about choosing a division.

How do people get on the network?

Hello Martin,

Last I knew, VATSIM provides two passwords, only one of which is used to log into the network.

Also, you might want to ensure that Vpilot was installed with computer security disabled and as Admin, and also that a firewall exception was created.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have a different problem: after quite some time away, I came back (for FS2020) and read where I should just recertify my old account, which I did. Then I went to login again, and couldn't get in, because of the wrong password. No matter what I tried, and I had logged in before, it wouldn't take.

So I went to the "Forgot password" screen, typed in my VATSIM #, and my e-mail, and VATSIM said that within 24 hours, I'd get an e-mail with my new password. Well, 24 hours later no password, so I went back up and tried it again. Waited 48 hours...nothing! And I can't put in a ticket, because you have to be logged in to do so. 

I'd just like to get back online and start setting things up. Is VATSIM having problems with membership issues? My VATSIM # is 1243475.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

VATSIM are having trouble with their new mail sending program resulting in popular email domains, especially Microsoft based ones, rejecting the emails containing passwords and new member info. They are working on a solution with the provider so give them a few days and try again.

Matt Bartels

That's all I needed to know. Figured as much! Will wait a few more days and will try again. Thanks!

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg