Sign in to follow this  
epopchock

FSX Repeatedly Crashing in Windows 10 after latest updates

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but starting last Friday, yesterday, and today, my flight simulator X has crashed multiple times with this error message: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuWqP9oV1Utlhv5Ip_oLjcSgzYx-Zw?e=PORgpv. This usually happens shortly after takeoff and every ten to fifteen minutes during flight. I think this started happening after some recent updates were installed on Windows 10.  Unfortunately, I can't do a system restore if this is an update problem, because I recently deleted some restore points to free up disk space.  So I hope this isn't an update issue.  I don't know where this is coming from or what to do about it.  I don't want to have to reinstall my whole operating system or my flight simulator from scratch.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Here are the log files from my recent crashes (from yesterday and today only; apologies if these log files are too long to read), along with my system specs: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AuWqP9oV1Utlhv5JxPB7vOD4V5uPuQ?e=oHgAMHhttps://1drv.ms/t/s!AuWqP9oV1Utlhv5LUDkccL4yI17a7Q?e=7Awk2r

Evan Popchock😁

Edited by epopchock

Sorry no answer for you, but following the topic.

I have yet to allow the updates for this exact reason.. 🙄

Luke Pype

Is it FSX Boxed, or FSX Steam Edition ?  I wouldn't bet on full compatibility of FSX boxed with Windows 10. 

Cheers.

Luc

Have you tried downloading and installing a new UIAutomationCore.dll

Berlopez

No answer, either. Just info. I'm on W10 fully updated. Boxed FSX. No add-ons except for repaints. No issues. 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

FSX on Steam is my setup for the past few years.  No problems that couldn't be solved within Steam.  I would say that my only reservation would be buying add-ons purchased through Steam.  I have found that many FSX add-ons have no support available for their Steam versions.  Just get the FSX versions and load them using the FSX installers that are provided.

hey, guys, sorry for the late response.  Been busy lately.  I installed some updates in Windows 10 that fixed the issue, and FSX no longer repeatedly crashes.  

• Like 1

That is the reason why I decided to set up a brand new PC (Intel CPU 6th generation) with the last Windows 7 - stopped all future Updates - and installed my FSX Gold DVD Version.

This Windows will stay at it is - and my FSX will safely survive the time till FS2020 is mature.

Windows 10 however is permanantly changing and the Damocles sword is allway hanging over FSX.

FSX works just fine with W10.

Some addons don't. But that is not the fault of W10.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

59 minutes ago, bobbyjack said:

FSX works just fine with W10.

Some addons don't. But that is not the fault of W10.

That's true.  I appreciate everyone's help, even though I was able to solve this on my own.