Sign in to follow this  
gypsyczar

Installer can't find P3Dv5

I have the q400 installed in a p5 addon directory.  Works just fine.  Do I need to move it back to the regular main P3DV5 directory to make Fs2Crew work, or is there a registry hack?

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

11 hours ago, gypsyczar said:

I have the q400 installed in a p5 addon directory.  Works just fine.  Do I need to move it back to the regular main P3DV5 directory to make Fs2Crew work, or is there a registry hack?

The FS2Crew installer should auto detect your "main" P3D V5 folder, not the location of aircraft itself.

FS2Crew needs to go in your "main" P3D v5 folder, and nowhere else.

Edited by byork

The installer tells me that "The Dash 8 host aircraft does not appear to be installed,  The correct P5 folder is indicated (P:\Main\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5) and the Dash 8 is installed in (S:\P3DV5 Addons\Majestic Software q400),  Could it be that I changed the q400 install directory name from MJCQ400 or whatever it was?

Parker Freeman - KTPA

Found the answer.  Must reinstall the Dash8.

With all due respect.  Unless there is some absolute technical reason why Fs2Crew must run in the main P3D folder you should probably modify your software to use the Addon.xml method like the rest of the P3D software universe.  Makes a P3d upgrade much less of a problem.

Parker Freeman - KTPA

Not every developer employs the XML method for the installation their products and there may be specific reasons for this approach. 

P3Ds xml method I will agree is an awesome approach to the installation of most addon products. 

FS2Crews interaction with the Q400 requires that it be installed in the root directory of the default path for the Q400.  It may very well work based on hacks that one may implement but support of the product when it does not work as advertised would not be the fault of MJC or FS2Crew

This is an approach wl that we may embrace down the road, but no plans for it at this time. 

Cheers 

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos