Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Latin VFR KMIA v2 - Huge GPU Memory user?

My Flytampa Copenhagen use 7,2 gb GPU memory but i neve had a OOM of GPU memory on my gtx 1080ti

9 hours ago, troyboy66 said:

I assume most of you are talking about P35 because I do not have this issue in P3d4.5?

That is correct.

Vic green

6 hours ago, modano said:

My Flytampa Copenhagen use 7,2 gb GPU memory but i neve had a OOM of GPU memory on my gtx 1080ti

Well yeah, that’s an 11gb card. 7.2 would crash on an 8gb card. 

Try to deactivate the HD Clutter in the KMIA CFG Settings. It helps a lot

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

This afternoon I sent a email to Latin VFR  support requesting the non PBR version of KMIA v2 for P3dv5.  I received the installer within an hour.  

Removed the  PBR version and installed the new one.  With my normal settings flying PMDG or FSLABs my VRAM usage went up a little.  However, I removed most of the options in the config app and lowered a couple graphics settings.  I’m very happy with how it looks now at 5.1 MB vram.  

Bob

My workaround was to downscale 4096 textures in LEMD to 1024 with modelconverter. It’s a lot of work but I’ve been able to keep pbr on and reduce the VRAM usage in my RTX 2080 GPU. Latin Vfr should think in providing lite textures packs for the big sceneries for P3D v5 consumers. In LEMD I don’t need 4K textures in cargo areas And distance buildings. I left the ground textures at 4K resolution. Same I made for KFLL. Notice that you can’t downscale metal map textures, but you can downscale albedo and normal textures without anomalies in your visual experience.

GTX1660 Super here, 5.1Gb available and runing KMIA V2 with NGXU and FSLABS just fine. Max 3.5Gb of VRAM in use.

Using this texture compressor to reduce my MIA textures and deleting a bunch of 'photo scenery' BGL's that for me is a mess with autogen at night.

VuO3u34.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-13600k - RTX3080 12GB - 32GB DDR4 - P3D v5.3 / XP12 / MSFS

Airliners.net | Flickr | Youtube | Facebook | Twitch

On 7/27/2020 at 7:54 PM, TadeuPrimo said:

GTX1660 Super here, 5.1Gb available and runing KMIA V2 with NGXU and FSLABS just fine. Max 3.5Gb of VRAM in use.

Using this texture compressor to reduce my MIA textures and deleting a bunch of 'photo scenery' BGL's that for me is a mess with autogen at night.

VuO3u34.png

That's great, testing now. 

Thank you very much!