Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Scenery objects edges issue

Hello.

I am trying to find the right definition to the issue I have (tearing, flickering etc.). So when I change views I see that object edges like pavement markings, fences, jetbridge edges, roof edges kind of flicker. Tried to google settings but so far no progress. Walls, flat objects, building, VC look good though. 

Looking for suggestions. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I do have the same issue, and haven´t been able to find a solution.

with EA mode on the effect is not that visible but it is still there. 

I am curious why you have those low settings? your system should be capable of a lot more. 😉

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

5 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

I am curious why you have those low settings? your system should be capable of a lot more. 😉

8 ssaa is low?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Some issues can't be remedied no matter how much super sampling you throw at it. Think of drawing a horizontal line with a width of 1 pixel across your monitor. No problem, perfectly straight because it can occupy a single line of pixels. Now rotate the line a few degrees. You will get stair stepping, or jaggies, because there is not a straight line path available. Supersampling tries to solve it by sort of color blending for a smoother transition. It renders the image at a much higher resolution than your display, and gets an average color from multiple pixels to display on the single pixel on your screen. But for lines like those parking lines, that only occupy a small amount of pixels and have highly contrasting colors, it is simply only effective up to a certain point. Because there are still only a limited amount of pixels on your screen to cram the information from the super sampled image into. So at some point, jaggies are unavoidable. They just change appearance a bit into this sort of, shimmering effect I guess you could call it, that you see in your video.

Edited by Prpn

3 hours ago, Prpn said:

Some issues can't be remedied no matter how much super sampling you throw at it. Think of drawing a horizontal line with a width of 1 pixel across your monitor. No problem, perfectly straight because it can occupy a single line of pixels. Now rotate the line a few degrees. You will get stair stepping, or jaggies, because there is not a straight line path available. Supersampling tries to solve it by sort of color blending for a smoother transition. It renders the image at a much higher resolution than your display, and gets an average color from multiple pixels to display on the single pixel on your screen. But for lines like those parking lines, that only occupy a small amount of pixels and have highly contrasting colors, it is simply only effective up to a certain point. Because there are still only a limited amount of pixels on your screen to cram the information from the super sampled image into. So at some point, jaggies are unavoidable. They just change appearance a bit into this sort of, shimmering effect I guess you could call it, that you see in your video.

Thanks for the reply. Does it mean I may need different monitors? 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

9 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

If we are talking about World settings then I can increase settings a bit. However, I use three monitors with surround mode. It drops fps significantly. With a single monitor I have about 40-55 fps on the ground with PMDG and addon scenery. If I use surround then I have about 25-35 fps on the ground and around 40-50 in the air. I am not sure what else I can increase. 

8SSAA works so far. I can do 4SSAA to boost fps but I will lose in image quality, sharpness etc. 

2 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Thanks for the reply. Does it mean I may need different monitors? 

No, it means there is simply a limit to eliminating jaggies. If you go for a higher resolution monitor (or multiple) you might see it less but there will still come some situations it will show up again. And you might have to reduce your graphical settings to push that many more pixels. 

If it really bothers you a lot you could try blowing some money on different monitors, I’d just focus on the good parts instead of the one annoying imperfection 🙂

Now you know why MSFS screenshot look good they are hand picked 4K shots.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I am not that familiar with multi-monitor setups, but are you stretching the 5920 across three monitors?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Maybe I am doing it wrong but yes. So in Nvidia setting I use surround with bezel correction and resolution 5920 and the same resolution is in P3D. I wonder if Nvidia resolution and resolution in P3D should match.