Sign in to follow this  
walloppy

Missions in MSFS confirmed

On 7/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, Heavy Metal said:

Yes, same here. A career mode, a virtual airline company or a virtual GA contract to fly ppl around. Would give the flying some additional immersion factor.

Air Hauler will probably arrive.... at some point.

On 7/27/2020 at 2:25 AM, Jonnoxx said:

I wonder which genre has a bigger following, and a bigger commercial potential. 

Is it civil flight? Or Combat Simulation?? 

I think it will be very hard for MSASOBO to continually ignore the future potential of a combat simulator, which has an entire world to cause mayhem in. 

What do you think? 

I would like to see something like FSX@War and TacPack. 

If they're streaming in real world scenery, it might be hard to simulate buildings and other items which have been blown up.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

On 8/2/2020 at 6:24 PM, andyjohnston.net said:

If they're streaming in real world scenery, it might be hard to simulate buildings and other items which have been blown up.

We'll have to cross that bridge after it has been blown up! 

😜

On 7/27/2020 at 11:25 AM, Jonnoxx said:

I think it will be very hard for MSASOBO to continually ignore the future potential of a combat simulator, which has an entire world to cause mayhem in. 

Modern combat maybe, for WW2 Bing is lacking satelite images from WW2. Maybe Google has them?

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

On 7/27/2020 at 11:00 AM, Heavy Metal said:

Yes, same here. A career mode, a virtual airline company or a virtual GA contract to fly ppl around. Would give the flying some additional immersion factor.

FS Economy probably works already (with some limitations in the airfield database).

AH2 will take a while it seems, they have not looked into MSFS yet.

Edited by dilore
  • Upvote 1

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

On 7/27/2020 at 4:00 AM, Heavy Metal said:

On Air Company already works with it and has been tested by Alpha/Beta testers. It is a Subscription and some people don't like that. About $40.00 for a 1 year subscription. Cool thing about it is that you can use multiple sim's with the ONE subscription. Have a particular plane in XP-11, fly in it in On Air, P3D, use that sim, and when MSFS releases same thing, use that sim. I think FSX and FSX-SE also but I have only used XP-11, and soon MSFS so I can see the nice scenery while flying my Cargo or Passengers to their destination 🙂

I would wait till MSFS is released and try the 15 day FREE trail in it to see if you like it or not. They just added a VA feature in the Thunder World ( no AI in that world ) but it still needs a lot of work. No I do not work for them. Just like the program cause it is a graphical user interface, for loading and unloading passengers and cargo, fuel, etc...

So if you like money/credits when flying and want to fly to airports you would never think of, this type of thing is for you! Or wait for Air Hauler or FSE to work with MSFS, if they don't already? As long as you have fun, that's the main thing!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

7 hours ago, in2tech said:

On Air Company already works with it and has been tested by Alpha/Beta testers. It is a Subscription and some people don't like that. About $40.00 for a 1 year subscription. Cool thing about it is that you can use multiple sim's with the ONE subscription. Have a particular plane in XP-11, fly in it in On Air, P3D, use that sim, and when MSFS releases same thing, use that sim. I think FSX and FSX-SE also but I have only used XP-11, and soon MSFS so I can see the nice scenery while flying my Cargo or Passengers to their destination 🙂

I would wait till MSFS is released and try the 15 day FREE trail in it to see if you like it or not. They just added a VA feature in the Thunder World ( no AI in that world ) but it still needs a lot of work. No I do not work for them. Just like the program cause it is a graphical user interface, for loading and unloading passengers and cargo, fuel, etc...

So if you like money/credits when flying and want to fly to airports you would never think of, this type of thing is for you! Or wait for Air Hauler or FSE to work with MSFS, if they don't already? As long as you have fun, that's the main thing!

I remember early on, OnAir had problems with identifying aircraft, cargo and fuel loading etc.

My Aerosoft Twin Otter used to end up tipping backwards. Have these issues been fixed ?

The Ui was pretty awesome though, and 40 bucks for a year is nothing.

May give it a try in FS2020.  Thnx for the heads up !

Edited by GBee777

1 minute ago, GBee777 said:

I remember early on, OnAir had problems with identifying aircraft, cargo and fuel loading etc.

My Aerosoft Twin Otter used to end up tipping backwards. Have these issues been fixed ?

I haven't had this kind of issue, but does not mean it doesn't exist. Yeah I was in the open beta thing back in 2019 and was not a fan. But now I like it, still has issue's at times just all all software, but they are pretty good about fixing bug's or adding items we request at times. It's worth trying a 15 day free trail, after MSFS is released just for someone to see if they like it. I would not buy a subscription without testing it though. A person may, or may not like it! Kind of like the people that are gonna use Game Pass for MSFS, to see if they want to spend the money on it, and how it run's on their system.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GBee777 said:

Yep will do. Will certainly give some purpose to it.

Thnx

Should also be better with the MSFS scenery? We will see August 18th.

Well jury's out. If you have 50 Orbx airports in P3D then not so much when you're on the ground.

But hopefully they'll port them over in time. Oh it gonna cost though !