Sign in to follow this  
karm2275

A350 VC merge... please HELP!

I have been trying to merge a freeware A350 with the qw787 cockpit for 2 months now!

The aircraft's brakes don't respond, the aircraft doesn't take-off till it reaches around 210 kts, about 10 ft above the ground the aircraft bounces and finally the gauges show "unable to start qw787" 

Please help me!!!

Hmmm........Didn't know the Washington Dulles was in India! :blink:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I am temporarily staying in India for my studies. I was born and brought up there 🙂 

• Like 1

Let's see if this helps any.  Copied from another post putting the QW VC into a TDS aircraft:

1. Copied the QW VC model into the TDS Model folder and edited the Model.cfg
2. Copied the QW panel contents into the TDS Panel folder and edited the Panel.cfg
3. Copied the Texture.VC from the QW folder into the TDS folder and pointed the Texture.cfg's to it.                                        4. Rename the TDS aircraft.cfg to something else
5. Copy the QW 787 aircraft.cfg and air files to the TDS 783 folder. If you did step 4 correctly, there will be no overwrite request.
6. Open the aircraft.cfg you pasted and edit all effects, lights, fltsim.x, exits, folding_wings, tailhook and contact_points sections with the ones from TDS.
7. Make sure all fltsim.x sections point to the correct model, panel, sound and airfile locations.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank's for the help... but still no luck! 😞

It may not ever work..
A lot of advanced aircraft IE QW have "talk back" from the visual model to the gauge system & vice versa.
Taking 1 out of the equation results in an inoperative aircraft.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Maybe, but I've seen people with this merged aircraft and it work's perfectly!

To help solve this issue this is what you have to do. 

Rename model and sound folders to "model.rr" and "sound.rr" (be sure in the aircraft.cfg to edit the config to these changes). 

As for the contact points, that is a bit more trickier. Usually in the addon aircraft, in the contact points section, you will copy the first three lines of the [contact_points] section. That is usually your gear contact points and the most essential. Once that is done, you can keep the rest of the [contact_points] that were from QualityWings 787. Then it should be done. 

Hope this helps! 

Bill Johnston. 

I did what you said, the problem seems to be resolved but now the aircraft is "sunken" into the ground... other than that, everything seems to be going well. 🙂

Edited by karm2275