Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

ORBX end of July giveaway

The free planes are only for FSX and p3d through v3 and not at all for x plane.  Good news for those still running 32 bit.  Not so much for the rest of us.

• Like 1

Anybody tried to install into fsx and port over to p3d4 ?

Would be interested in their Lancair!

vpa558.png

Yes.  I have only tried the RV-4 so far, but I installed in FSX:SE, then copied the RV-4 folder from FSX's SimObjects\Airplanes directory into P3Dv4's.  The plane seems to work perfectly.  Delightful little plane!

The installer did not put anything else into the master Effects or Gauges directories that needed to be moved.  It did add some manuals to the ORBX directory, but I did not need to copy those over.

I will try out the Lancair tonight. 

August

There are some sound files in the sounds folder for cockpit sounds...which don't work, need to find the 32bit sound DLL and replace with a 64bit one.

The Lancair works fine in v4 also.  Slick plane!  I didn't explore every feature of the avionics, but the Garmin lights up and seems to do its thing.

August

Hmmm...today the Vans only runs for a few seconds then quits, won't restart....had to go into maintenance menu Shift-1 and fill up with oil and perform overhaul - OK now 🙂

The Victa has a GAU file for most of the instruments so that won't work sadly 😞

This is in V5 BTW

Edited by keithb77

Yes, I found that you need to top up the oil in the RV-4 in v4 also.  Not every time though.  Might be one of those things that depends on what plane you had loaded before it.

I flew the Lancair and RV-4 this morning with special attention to the cockpit sounds, and all the ones I tried seemed to work.  You get all the engine sounds, flap and gear sounds, and everything else I could think to listen for.  You definitely get the WHAM when you slap it on the runway too hard, I can attest!  Even though, I now see, the installer puts an orbsnd.dll file in your gauges, the sound.cfg files for all 3 aircraft seem only to call the wav files that are in their sound folders, which play fine for me.

I haven't tried the Victa yet.  It's of least interest of the three to me, I only downloaded it because why not. 

August

Edited by k5083

It's normally the 'click' of flipping rocker switches etc that you lose...usual fix is to copy a 64bit d3d_sound dll as orbsnd.dll