Sign in to follow this  
kaha

Microsoft knows where I like to fly

Will I receive advertisings about vacation trips to that regions? Will anybody be curious about where I like to fly?

I don't care about my virtual trips being observed. Does any of you?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

I wonder what they’d advertise to me after they saw me flying to Lukla in the 748. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

I wonder what they’d advertise to me after they saw me flying to Lukla in the 748. 

You will not notice what they did until you start applying for a real pilot´s license with the FAA! 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Where is this coming from???

Just my thoughts. Not too serious.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

48 minutes ago, kaha said:

I don't care about my virtual trips being observed. Does any of you?

Karl

This kind of apathy towards data collection is exactly why large corporations get away with collecting and selling user data en masse. No, I don't want my game flight history being used as a way of sending targeted advertisements, and neither should you. I'm not paying $120 for a game just to be turned into a product for an advertising agency and neither should you. If this was a free-to-play game, I would understand, as game developers of such games rely on advertisements and microtransactions to keep the game running. But when I'm paying full price, I expect to not be datamined on top of it. Why should Microsoft have its cake and eat it too? If my game data is being recorded and sold, I expect a cheaper retail price of the game at the very least. Otherwise it's a no-bueno

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Cv0lj1Y.jpg

• Like 18

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Darn it. Do you think they saw my Upset as I did that last minute Touch & Go in to Heathrow because the tool in the right seat hadn't put the Flaps to 40?

Paranoid cameras activated.

Thanks for the heads Up.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

Yep....this is just the kind of underhanded stuff that gets on my very last nerve. I know it is minor in the big picture of life but it is like having you neighbor peeking in your bedroom every night. All it does is leave a smear on the window pane but it is a pain in the butt just the same. Some times I am just ashamed that back in the days of FSX I was here yelling at trolls about how MS was our friend and not to be rude to them. OH my was I so wrong! 

Edited by shivers9
  • Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Worried about data collection from a flight sim?  Heck, I'll send 'em my log book!

I have a bigger complaint about anyone tracking what products I'm looking up on the web (usually not because I want to buy anything, I'm wondering what the heck they are in many cases).

Maybe I should worry more about what book titles I'm browsing in the Kindle store.  Or worse, the one's I've actually read.

I don't mind 'em tracking what wikipedia articles I've read.  In fact, I'm quite proud of the range and depth of what I research! 😄 

Worried about neighbors looking in my window?  I think my big dog might have something to contribute to that conversation.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

SYSTEM MESSAGE: This is the fifteenth time you've overflown Angelina Jolie's house with FRAPS running, she has now filed a restraining order against you... 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Worried about neighbors looking in my window?  I think my big dog might have something to contribute to that conversation.

LOL now you are going to get dog food ads all night long because you posted that here!

• Like 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

This is now the fifteenth time you've overflown Angelina Jolie's house with FRAPS running, she has now filed a restraining order against you... 🤣

Under 30 FPS - and you haven't a chance.

My wife just saw the following on facepalm and us flight simmers should take note and reflect on it. "Have you ever noticed that all instruments designed to seek out intelligent life are pointed away from earth?"

• Like 4

Sam