Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

A2A addon aircraft

I’m just wondering if a2a will be utilising all the new aspects of mfs2020? The default aircraft are supposed to have very realistic flight models with the 1000 point surface calculation etc, what will accusim v4 bring beyond this? It made sense in P3d as there were so many things to improve on. 

It seems strange to me that they will be tweaking sounds, flight behaviours, systems, when they should already be as good as can be in that regard. 

im hoping to not have to rely on addon aircraft because, once I’ve tasted somthing better, I can’t fly the default ones anymore and it limits me to only a couple of the best addons. I would prefer the choice of the whole default fleet if they are so good. 

it makes sense for pmdg as you could never hope for a default heavy to simulate all the systems to that level, but  for a2a and the light aircraft, I suppose I just thought asobo was creating the best that can be.

As far I as know, Aerosoft developed all the or most of the aircraft, so that is most likely the level of quality to expect.

48 minutes ago, tommy10101 said:

I suppose I just thought asobo was creating the best that can be.

No one knows for sure. You may be expecting to much from the new default aircraft. I think it best to wait until this thing has be released before getting to deep into that subject. A lot of what we have heard is from the MS marketing folks and their job is to make things sound much better than they really are.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Beware the core technology can be there, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

I actually believe the more a desktop flightsim diverges from the standard / classic "table-based" model the more it needs fine tuning, and that's evident from, for instance, X-Plane whose default aircraft are usually far from being the flagship of the BeT concept.

So, for sure talented 3pd dev teams will always have room for their "Magic". 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yeh, I suppose i just think all the enhancements accusim brought to p3d are already here in mfs2020, so am curious to see how they will improve it this time. 

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

Aerosoft developed all the or most of the aircraft

That would be surprising if true. Has that been confirmed anywhere? Not inferring you are not telling the truth. Genuinely curious.

Chris

10 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

That would be surprising if true. Has that been confirmed anywhere? Not inferring you are not telling the truth. Genuinely curious.

Not sure about that, I can't remember were I read this. It might be wrong, though. Maybe I am mixing it up, because of the AS registration on the airplanes.

• Like 1

Visually whoever did the default planes set the bar pretty high. That’s a nice change. I still think 3rd party devs will have room to add lots of depth. 

Chris

What you are forgetting here, is that what A2A does, goes way beyond the kind of thing other developers do.

Sure the new sim has a lot of fancy whistles and bells, but as with FSL and their A320s, A2A's aeroplanes have an obsessive level of detail. We're talking about stuff such as when you hit a certain RPM and prop pitch setting, a screw starts resonating on that exact frequency on the panel and spins around, or the bezel around the turn and slip indicator starts vibrating because of its position on the panel at exactly 35 percent throttle, or in the FSL when you press a button on the central pedestal of the A320, it makes the ammeter flicker a bit at the voltage drop for half a second - all that kind of stuff which a TPD only knows if they fly the @ss off the real thing, then pay attention to that sort of stuff, then care about it enough to reproduce it so people who fly the real thing appreciate it doing that sort of stuff and for those who don't fly the real thing, it gives them that experience which is exactly what all that Accu-sim ethos of A2A's is about and is what a few other developer do too sometimes, but not as much as A2A.

There is no way the default aeroplanes do that kind of stuff and even some of the more expensive payware aeroplanes don't hit these kinds of level of detail either. A2A is in a very real sense a connoisseur's flight sim add-on. It's no accident that their Commanche does a better and more realistic sideslip than any other aeroplane in FSX or P3D. It is literally the best GA aeroplane you can get for FSX or P3D by a country mile.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Not sure about that, I can't remember were I read this.

You probably read it on the Internet 🤣

1 minute ago, gunther said:

You probably read it on the Internet 🤣

Which means it must be true 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Not sure about that, I can't remember were I read this. It might be wrong, though. Maybe I am mixing it up, because of the AS registration on the airplanes

Or maybe AS stands for Asobo Studio?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Not sure about that, I can't remember were I read this. It might be wrong, though. Maybe I am mixing it up, because of the AS registration on the airplanes.

I actually remember reading an Aerosoft forum post saying the exact opposite; despite theories regarding the tail number's "AS" being linked to Aerosoft, they actually did not develop the Airbus A320 in the sim (and likely any other default aircraft; they didn't hear about it until the initial announcement either).

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 737_800 said:

As far I as know, Aerosoft developed all the or most of the aircraft, so that is most likely the level of quality to expect.

No, this is what Mathijs Kok said  

Btw, I know a lot of people thought that the Airbus 320 that is a default aircraft in the simulator was one of ours. This is incorrect, we had nothing to do with that. We enjoyed the rumors though!

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/154700-aerosoft-official-retail-partner-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/&do=findComment&comment=989245

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, tommy10101 said:

Yeh, I suppose i just think all the enhancements accusim brought to p3d are already here in mfs2020, so am curious to see how they will improve it this time. 

I think the potential is there, the architecture may allow it inside the sim, but it is up to the designer to incorporate them in an aircraft. 

Also, Accusim as we know it (an important caveat as A2A says it is working on a whole new system that we have not seen yet) does not do anything for turbine and jet engines.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam