Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

VATSIM Virtual Airline recommendations

Hi guys,

I am pretty excited about the VATSIM compatibility with the new sim, so I'm in the process of obtaining their pilot ratings... I know that they'll be changing them in September but what's the harm 🙂

In the past (like 8 years ago), I was a part of Czech Airlines Virtual, which was a very active community, but it's kind of dead now.

I am interested in joining some very active and modern VA on VATSIM.

My requirements are:

• based in Europe
  • many people flying for them on a daily basis
  • frequent VATSIM events
  • career mode, ranks, ACARS software
  • steep learning curve in obtaining the ranks
  • flexible route choices, real world AND fictional routes
  • real world AND fictional fleet
  • modern looking website and interface

Can someone who's currently active on VATSIM give me some recommendations? 🙂 Thanks very much.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Just now, KenG said:

Have you tried searching their partner program? https://vasops.vatsim.net/

Shouldn't this be posted in the VA section?

I have but I want to hear personal and up-to-date experience 🙂

There's a VA section? 😄 Sorry, didn't know that.

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/112-virtual-airlines-news-and-discussion/

Now that is not to say all VAs will post their information there. I stopped posting after Jim deleted my post then sent me a message demanding money as a commercial entity. I am not sure how a VA that is run for free is a commercial entity, but it is AVSIM's playground so if they want to make the call that all VAs commercial entities then so be it.

You might want to also checkout Flightsim.com as they do not try to charge VAs a commercial membership fee to post. There are also a few VA specific sites that cater to European VAs.

1 minute ago, KenG said:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/112-virtual-airlines-news-and-discussion/

Now that is not to say all VAs will post their information there. I stopped posting after Jim deleted my post then sent me a message demanding money as a commercial entity. I am not sure how a VA that is run for free is a commercial entity, but it is AVSIM's playground so if they want to make the call that all VAs commercial entities then so be it.

You might want to also checkout Flightsim.com as they do not try to charge VAs a commercial membership fee to post. There are also a few VA specific sites that cater to European VAs.

Thanks but this forum seems to be a little quiet, I'm afraid no help is coming from there 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

Thanks, but I still hope that someone can give me specific recommendations based on their experience.

Tomáš Pokorný

Wow, you really moved it into a dead space... Gee, thanks a lot, reddit will have to do then...

Tomáš Pokorný

4 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Thanks, but I still hope that someone can give me specific recommendations based on their experience.

Tomas,

I've been a member of BAVirtual for more than 15 years now - and never felt the need to look elsewhere. Highly recommended.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

17 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Tomas,

I've been a member of BAVirtual for more than 15 years now - and never felt the need to look elsewhere. Highly recommended.

Thank you! I'll check them out 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

Why tie yourself to one VA when you can have the world as your oyster?

http://air-source.us/

No restrictions. Hugely variable. Been a member for years and haven't felt the need to join a particular VA. I used to be a member of three VAs but got frustrated by the rules and regulations and destination limitations.

Cheers!

• Like 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

flyuk.aero i joined several month ago, highly recommended. before i was at virtual austrian, the changed their platform and the rules, where now the routings and aircrafts a very limited!

regards

On 7/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, SierraDelta said:

Tomas,

BAV member as well and recommend the VA.  Only caution is BAV generally flies real world routes and aircraft (along with Historical for retired aircraft) so you will not meet your fictional requirement.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Sim: https://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000