Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Racz

Q400 to come as dlc for mfs 2020

Apparently Asobo will release the q400 as a dlc after release of the base game according to a msfs 2020 Facebook group who published pictures of the bird in game

Link to picture of the q400 in the game:

pic.JPG

Edited by charliearon
embed photo and remove link
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't think that is an official Microsoft Flight Simulator facebook page . Is it?  SO have my doubts this is real.

• Like 1

Click bait

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Unless it has the word Majestic in front of that Q400 name, they can keep it.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

Darn right!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If they fix their airliners first and reach an acceptable quality I may consider buying it. Otherwise I'll stick with the Majestic

5 hours ago, Chock said:

That was my thought too...assuming Majestic will make the leap to MSFS there’s really no need for another one.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, Chock said:

100 %

need sdk first only than will support further

Edited by arsenal82

This photo was shared back in january or so... Could be from AS or from any 3rd party

Friends,

The owner of Majestic and I stopped by to look at this thread together today, and we had a good laugh.

In my 40+ years in the flight simulation community, and my 15 years of working and testing high end third party projects, I am sure of two things.  The two best addons ever created for desktop flight simulation are the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional / Training versions, and the Leonardo MaddogX.  It is difficult, if not impossible to put one aircraft over the other both because they are each amazing but also because they are radically different.

From the knowledge I have at this moment I am fully confident that the aircraft in the click bait above does not indicate the Majestic Dash Q400 is under development for MSFS and Majestic has every intention of developing the Dash 8 Q400 for MSFS.

That said, I made a Majestic Dash 8 Q400 shared cockpit flight with my long time test partner Grant Sproson today.  Grant and I were senior Beta Testers and the primary shared cockpit testers during the MJC Dash 8's 6.5 year development time.  Grant also works the Leonardo MaddogX with me as well as the Aerosoft Airbuses and TFDi aircraft.  These developers deserve the community's thanks and respect for pushing the flight sim envelope further and further for our community, and I am confident that that the aircraft they will produce for MSFS will be even more amazing than they already are.  It will however take some time to accomplish this, but we have them to fly in P3D until they are ready for MSFS.  In that, I wish that each of you knew the people behind the scenes as I do, and I'm actually working to make that happen (that will be another post somewhere down the line).

With that, I wish you all the very, very best.  Keep the excitement and positiveness going, it's you guys that make all the effort worthwhile and you are the ones that make our community what it is and what it should be!

My very best wishes to you.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

36 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

Dave, aren't you a alpha\beta tester for MSFS2020? We already know Mathijs is.

Sorry my friend, I wouldn't say one way or the other.  I know others do and that's okay.

We're pretty close to all this neat stuff getting published though!  Awesome!

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

Unless it from Majestic or FlyJSim I would not even look at it. Alabeo would be a joke!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I hope it's not the Majestic Dash 8-400.

It would be fantastic to have another good quality -400 for MSFS that costs less than the overpriced Majestic offering.

Dave

Edited by dave2013

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I should think the one thing nobody would seriously be able to accuse the Majestic Dash 8 of being, is overpriced; frankly it's  the most keenly priced quality add-on aeroplane there is for a flight sim. They could cheerfully double the price of it and it would still be pretty good value considering the level of fidelity it offers.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here