Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Sim-wings Munich released

For P3D v4.5/5.

Did not see this one coming... available on Aerosoft site

Was planning on getting T2G version once being v5 compatible but may get this one instead based on reviews

Shom

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Considering T2G’s legendary lack of support and communication and their tendency to disappear for long periods of time, I’m very happy to pick up SimWings’ scenery instead. 

Their stuff is really good anyway. 😉

• Upvote 1

Anyone else having trouble pulling the trigger on $30+ scenery with another sim around the corner? Has Aerosoft said if there's a path if we want to port it to MFS down the line?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Anyone else having trouble pulling the trigger on $30+ scenery with another sim around the corner? Has Aerosoft said if there's a path if we want to port it to MFS down the line?

I agree.  Will NOT pull the trigger on software for P3d at this time.  The 18th of August is too close.

Stan

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

No problem at all. It looks very good so I will compare screenshots and if the Simwings version looks more realistic than I will purchase it.

I have the T2G version and with the help from their support it is working flawlessly in V4 and V5.

- - - 

Toptip : if you don’t see SODE jetways in V5 where you saw them in V4 take a look at the airports SODE xml file. There you can see with what P3D version the jetways are being used. 

I have modified several xml airport files and  replaced P3Dv4 into P3Dv5 which brought them back

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

35 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Yep just bought the Premium Deluxe of you know what today, would say the name but the "wrong forum" police will jump in. So as much as I like simwings airports, not the right time. All buying is on hold till the 18th Aug. P3D v5 I can enjoy as it is.

The last airport I bought was Orbx EGNT and its very good. Did BA SHT12N great flight today. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Not a problem at all. I’m an alpha tester so I know why I’m happy to spend more money on P3D. 

• Upvote 1

Can we please stop derailing every thread in this forum by turning the conversation to MSFS? I'm active over on that sim's forum, and that's the place to discuss it.

So you've given up on P3D and have decided that MSFS the the only sim for you? Great, I'm super excited, but maybe you should just blog it rather than posting it here (yet again).

I come to THIS forum because I want to hear about people's P3D experiences, in this thread I'm interested in how Simwings EDDM looks/performs etc.

FSElite has a brief article on this airport: https://fselite.net/news/sim-wings-pro-munich-released/

EDDM is an airport I use a lot, so I'm interested in this release. However, from the screenshots, it does look a bit too "FSX" for me - I get the impression that Simwings do a fairly minimal update for v5 and then slap the "Professional" tag on their airports. Whilst it doesn't look bad per se, the textures don't seem to be up to the standards of some more recent releases.

So, anyone flying with this new airport who would recommend it for v5?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Friends, please stay on topic!

Can someone comment on vram impact of the simwings version? T2G was great in that regard on my machine, so just curious?

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Is this scenery all new using at least P3D 4.5 SDK or a port of some much older scenery?

Eric 

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

Is this scenery all new using at least P3D 4.5 SDK or a port of some much older scenery?

They did not make EDDM before, so not a port of an FSX scenery. But according to them, it is a port of the XPlane scenery of SFD (MisterX)

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Well I'm happy with my T2G EDDM and flatten and sode GSX jetways, works fine, so I see not a reason to go for this one?

It's indeed a port from Xplane Mister X his work (great stuff) they converted all the 3d buildings and the rest is new what i understood?

André

19 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Anyone else having trouble pulling the trigger on $30+ scenery with another sim around the corner?

I wasn’t...until a release date was announced.  Now I’m not buying anything unless there is mention of an upgrade path to MSFS.

This does look like a great release though, hopefully it moves over.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Something tells me that all this MSFS optimism would evaporate after first 2 weeks and we will return to our beloved P3D in anticipation for the MSFS SDK, patches etc. Perhaps 2021 would be a time for a real switch of simming platforms (unless some new COVID-like virus bring new wave of chaos) 

• Like 1

I would not buy anymore for prepar3d i have all i need there, so i enjoy it until i remove myself to FS