Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Question building a new pc

Hi,

I want to build a new system for MSFS and different windows applications that I use. The most hardware intense besides flightsim would be rendering HD vidz.  I would like to use this thread for random question to avoid starting a new thread for every new question.

Right now, I am looking for a case and wondering if it's smart idea to spend a bit more like 160 euros / 190 USD for it. Is it worth paying that much when you consider using it a long time for hardware upgrades etc? It's important to me, that the case operates quietly or is able to make the hardware not hearable.

How is the be Quiet! Dark Base 900 ATX? Are there alternatives?

Edited by 737_800

Don't have any first hand experience with the Quiet! Dark Base 900. Reviews seem good but then it'd want to be for $250. I got the Phanteks P600S recently which goes for about €145 and I'm happy with it. It's got magnetically attached panels on the front and top which can be removed to increase airflow during heavy load gaming and then put back on to make the case more silent.

Hi,

I chose my case based on cooling and size for ease of assembly. For that purpose paying more for the case was worth it.  I also retained that case for subsequent builds, so I realized good value for my investment.  In retrospect, I apply a similar thought process in other reusable components, cooling fan and PSU come to mind.  I buy high quality and and have reused the PSU and fans in subsequent builds.

Sound nuisance is a subjective thing.  My PC sits 30-cm from my left arm and since I always wear headphones, noise has never been an issue for me.  I gave my PC to my son who complained about noise from the day he received it.  When I looked at the PC for him, I was like what noise?

Edited by Gary A

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.