Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

Can I ask the AVSim community just 1 thing ?

There is going to be an influx of new comers and neophyte to the flight sim community. So my ask is "Be nice".  You will hear a lot of stupid question, things you have taken for granted over the years. Just "Be nice". Don't tell them to RTFM. Just "be nice". This is a brand new era and not everyone is a real PPL or know anything about plane except what they have experienced in GTA 5.  So let's remind ourselves that we are privileges to have more sim experience and get the chance to finally get a new sim that doesn't look like it was done 15 years ago. 

• Like 33
  • Upvote 7

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

We may need a sub-forum for Newcomer's Corner so people new to simming won't encounter a hostile elitist atmosphere.

Need additional sub-forums for hardware and configuring controls.

Hook

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Absolutely agree! I just made a printout for my pin board not to forget it.🙂

Kind regards, Michael 

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

To be honest, if someone needs to be asked to behave that way, rather than just being like that anyway by default, then they're probably not going to change.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

How long do we have to be nice to them? It sounds like a new intake of 5 year olds on their first day at school.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

We certainly don't want to scare any new simmers away, hopefully lot's of younger people get into flightsimming because of MSFS, it will benefit all simmers whatever platform they fly on.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

27 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

So my ask is "Be nice".

I applaud your optimism.

• Upvote 1

The in-game hints and checklist that i've seen from leaked footage so far should help a lot for newcomers.  I do not know how to start an airplane from scratch and i do not know how to read a lot of the gauges or work the Nav, I have been trying to learn with Falcon 4.0, but i plan on learning the majority from this game.  I think Asobo will do a good job teaching us new guys. 

Edited by Heli
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

How long do we have to be nice to them? It sounds like a new intake of 5 year olds on their first day at school.

IIRC - just about one day of being nice then! 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On the plus side, karma dictates that to balance things up, you must be as rude and obnoxious as possible to existing members, with the level of rudeness functioning on a sliding scale using the bit at the side of the forums which shows you how many posts anyone has made, up to the point where you can be outright hostile to those who have donated. 🤣

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just now, HighBypass said:

IIRC - just about one day of being nice then! 😄

Then we can start pulling their hair! Yay!

Actually, it's being assumed the the little mites have led sheltered internet lives with mummy keeping the parental lock on. These will be hard core, street wise, gamers and they'll be able to look after themselves.  Oil the Remington auto shotgun and brace yourselves.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

35 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

You will hear a lot of stupid question, things you have taken for granted over the years. Just "Be nice". Don't tell them to RTFM. Just "be nice".

Well, I don't expect there even will be manual, so this one's out anyway. 😁

• Like 1

I'm more worried about the old timers who are going to complain about the sim because they can't replicate their FAA approved sim procedures in it on launch day.

Edited by Slides
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

...you must be as rude and obnoxious as possible to existing members.....up to the point where you can be outright hostile to those who have donated. ..

Right then! I may have to buy this to brush up on being stylishly hostile..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/512250/OhSir_The_Insult_Simulator/

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1g7i97.jpg

• Like 3

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)